Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ8 has a threshold for Recent Missed Payment at 42 months

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

EQ8 has a threshold for Recent Missed Payment at 42 months

My EQ8 at the end of April was 785, and reason three was "You recently missed a payment or had a derogatory indicator reported on your credit report." On May 1, my score went up to 791 and that reason vanished from the top four.

I have one baddie on my file: a 30D from November 2017. It reached 42 months (3.5 years) of age at the start of this month. Nothing else changed on my report from April 30 to May 1, besides aging, and I can't see anything else that hit a potential threshold.

This seems like pretty clear evidence there is a threshold for considering a baddie recent at 3.5 years on EQ8. I don't know if this reason is now lurking outside the top four, or if it's completely gone. I suspect it's gone, but that's going to be difficult to prove.

Interestingly, May 1 brought me no score change on the other 8's. EX has for a long time shown this reason statement in third position, so apparently they consider it "recent" for more than 3.5 years. My TU8 only shows two reasons and this isn't one of them, so perhaps that algorithm stops considering baddies "recent" at a younger age.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ8 has a threshold for Recent Missed Payment at 42 months

@Curious_George2 wrote:

My EQ8 at the end of April was 785, and reason three was "You recently missed a payment or had a derogatory indicator reported on your credit report." On May 1, my score went up to 791 and that reason vanished from the top four.

I have one baddie on my file: a 30D from November 2017. It reached 42 months (3.5 years) of age at the start of this month. Nothing else changed on my report from April 30 to May 1, besides aging, and I can't see anything else that hit a potential threshold.

This seems like pretty clear evidence there is a threshold for considering a baddie recent at 3.5 years on EQ8. I don't know if this reason is now lurking outside the top four, or if it's completely gone. I suspect it's gone, but that's going to be difficult to prove.

Interestingly, May 1 brought me no score change on the other 8's. EX has for a long time shown this reason statement in third position, so apparently they consider it "recent" for more than 3.5 years. My TU8 only shows two reasons and this isn't one of them, so perhaps that algorithm stops considering baddies "recent" at a younger age.

@Curious_George2 excellent datapoints and I do believe I recall one other person telling me this but I don't recall who and when. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ8 has a threshold for Recent Missed Payment at 42 months

Very good information, thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.