Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX FAKO VS MYFICO??????????

tag
knightlynews
Contributor

EQUIFAX FAKO VS MYFICO??????????

I happily received yesterday an alert from Myfico's Score Watch telling me my score was increased from 622 to 643. Im wondering how long will it be before Equifax's Monitoring System updates my score that they are showing of 616? Also, which one is more reliable? Im looking to purchase a car once I hit 700 and I'm wondering which scores can Itrust before applying? Thanks in advance....

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: EX686EQ682,TU???
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX FAKO VS MYFICO??????????

The score you get on MyFICO is your true score.

The equifax site sells your actual FICO score also, however, the score you see with your daily monitoring on equifax website is a FAKO score.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 3
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX FAKO VS MYFICO??????????

You might very well not even get a change of score with EQ Fako. My little test last months with reporting balances on ALL accounts got me 40+ points down on EQ Fico and my  EQ Fako only -3 points. Paying down now got me the Fico EQ back and Fako did not even change. Looks to me the Fakos pretty much ignore the balances or at least do not count this much.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.