cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX FICO 08 retail card differentiator

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

EX FICO 08 retail card differentiator

This is a second and separate thread from my TU FICO 08 Retail thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/UPDATE-TU-FICO-8-does-not-return-full-no...

In that thread, I conclusively found that TU FICO 08 treated retail cards differently and returned less than the full no revolving balance penalty when a retail card was used as the AZEO card. This therefore confirmed the conventional wisdom not to use a retail card as your AZEO card.

This thread instead addresses EX FICO 08 regarding the same topic, a retail card differentiator.

When testing with the carecredit retail card EX FICO 08 was unaffected. However, when testing with a Macy’s PLCC, EX FICO 08 only returned 11 of 15 no revolving balance penalty points.

Therefore there is also a retail card differentiator at EX FICO 08. The working theory is they are using the creditor name as the differentiator; otherwise it’s inexplicable why carecredit was flagged at TU but not EX.

I can conclusively say that EQ FICO 08 is not affected and does not have a retail card differentiator unless it has a list of creditor names for cards that fails to include both DSNB/Citi and carecredit.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EX FICO 08 retail card differentiator

@Birdman7with all of this you will have to take up drinking to keep your sanity  Smiley Wink  Now summarize this in less than one hundred words Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 000
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Super Contributor

TL;DR

Did you take the cycle of cards back, so that a "national credit card" was used as the AZEO card, and got the full set of points back?

Do you have any cards under 12-months aging?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
Message 3 of 5
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 Yes sir to both questions. I actually ran the test a few times on all 3 CRAs.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 4 of 5
Frequent Contributor

@Dinosaur wrote:

@Birdman7with all of this you will have to take up drinking to keep your sanity  Smiley Wink  Now summarize this in less than one hundred words Smiley Happy

+1 for taking up drinking and seeing how it affects retail spend.

27 FICO Scores + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.