cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX FICO available here does not score AU accounts?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: EX FICO available here does not score AU accounts?

This is what FICO says about AU:

Authorized user of credit card

Every generation of the FICO score formula has included authorized user credit card accounts when calculating a person's score. FICO 8 score continues that policy. This can help people benefit from their shared management of a credit card account. It also helps lenders by providing scores that are based on a full snapshot of the consumer's credit history.

To protect lenders and honest consumers, the FICO 8 formula substantially reduces any benefit of so-called tradeline renting. That's a credit repair practice that entices consumers into being added to a stranger's credit account in order to misrepresent their credit risk to lenders.

Usually when you are at the same address with the same name, there is no issue.  If you don't live at the same address with different name, maybe. 

Message 11 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

This is what FICO says about AU:

Authorized user of credit card

Every generation of the FICO score formula has included authorized user credit card accounts when calculating a person's score. FICO 8 score continues that policy. This can help people benefit from their shared management of a credit card account. It also helps lenders by providing scores that are based on a full snapshot of the consumer's credit history.

To protect lenders and honest consumers, the FICO 8 formula substantially reduces any benefit of so-called tradeline renting. That's a credit repair practice that entices consumers into being added to a stranger's credit account in order to misrepresent their credit risk to lenders.

Usually when you are at the same address with the same name, there is no issue.  If you don't live at the same address with different name, maybe. 

hmmm we have same last name and same mailing address, so i am not really sure whats going on with that. Myfico equifax and Tu scores use the older system? I don't have as many problems with those scores, they are good 70-100 points higher. I am pretty much at an loss what i can do to remedy the situation other then just pay on time and hope and pray 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 25
cegpn
Valued Member

We also have the same last name and share an address so I don't think that should kick us out? I don't know if it would be good to open a card that will only have 6-9 mos history?

Message 13 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

And both of you are 100% certain that there is nothing on your EX CR that would be holding your score down?  Nothing reported as late or something?

I see no reason why those AU would not be counted so I am just as much at a loss as you two.

Does it show what your AAoA is?  If it does it would be easy to see if they are counted or not,

Message 14 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

And both of you are 100% certain that there is nothing on your EX CR that would be holding your score down?  Nothing reported as late or something?

I see no reason why those AU would not be counted so I am just as much at a loss as you two.

Does it show what your AAoA is?  If it does it would be easy to see if they are counted or not,

As of today , i took an look at my usaa credit monitoring credit report, my TU and Experian are exactly identical, with the same AAoA and just one negative reporting from 2007. Experian is telling me i don't have enough accounts in good standing, according to the accounts tab i only have 5 accounts in good standing and 3 of those are AU. Could that be where the problem is ?

Message 15 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they are included in your good accounts they are certainly being factored in.

It could be that you have a thin file.

Message 16 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If they are included in your good accounts they are certainly being factored in.

I guess that could be, but the TU and EQ scores i pulled from here are 80 points higher with same information :-( That is why i am getting so confused over , what i can do to remedy the situation

Message 17 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

I guess that could be, but the TU and EQ scores i pulled from here are 80 points higher with same information :-( That is why i am getting so confused over , what i can do to remedy the situation

You have to keep in mind that all three of the scores are different models/versions so your scores will be different.  If your reports were identical across all 3 of the CRAs and only one scoring model was used, all 3 of your scores would still be different.  Each CRA is scored based on their criteria for a FICO score.

Message 18 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

You have to keep in mind that all three of the scores are different models/versions so your scores will be different.  If your reports were identical across all 3 of the CRAs and only one scoring model was used, all 3 of your scores would still be different.  Each CRA is scored based on their criteria for a FICO score.

I realize that but 80 points in an pretty huge gap, i would think thirty points different tops, but eighty points is an lot. I was thinking of trying to go for chase freedom or discover IT later this year, but my experian is only at 650 and my other two are at 730. experian score is deemed bad and the other two are good. So i am quite afraid to app till i can at least get exp over 700 

Message 19 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, I have seen bigger gaps in scores with the varying models/versions.  The largest was 110 points I believe.

What area do you live in.  Some pull depending on your area.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.