Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX score dropped 27 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX score dropped 27 points

Yesterday my score was 645 and today it is 618!!!! I checked my reports and nothing happened.

I closed one credit card; Verve back in march and it updated on the April 2nd. It wasnt my oldest account though.

I did have one inquiry from Amex on Sunday. Now Im worried that they might close my new card. Should I be worried?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX score dropped 27 points

Something else happened. An inquiry or an account falling off shouldn’t cause that much of a drop. You need to scrutinize reports from before and after the drop to see what changed.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did. nothing else happened. my utilization is still the same.  no other accounts updated.

im really bummed Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Did any of your derogs update by any chance? 

Completed disputes? 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i doubled checked my report. there was a collection placed by ERC from ATT for direct tv that was opened in 6/18. I disputed it as I didnt/dont have a direct tv account.

Message 5 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

i doubled checked my report. there was a collection placed by ERC from ATT for direct tv that was opened in 6/18. I disputed it as I didnt/dont have a direct tv account.

So, did it come back as verified or is that brand new collection that caused a drop? 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

brand new...i just disputed it like 5 mins ago. prior to i didnt have any collections on my reports.

Message 7 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Sorry Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the source of your score?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.