EX2 New account Threshold found at 18 months

Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: EX2 New account segmentation Threshold 18 months

@CassieCard wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@CassieCard wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

EX2 774>814 - 18 months from most recent account! +40 points!  New Account segmentation Threshold found. 

@Revelate @Thomas_Thumb @CassieCard @Slabenstein @AllZero @M_Smart007 @LaHossBoss @thornback

Is that the only aging metric that's a multiple of 3 now?

You gotta send me the complete CRADIS update soon, so I can see all those glorious plus signs!

I'll be at 18mo AoYA/AoYRA in August, and watching for that now.

There's legit gold standard breakpoints that aren't a multiple of 3 now? 

I mean FICO 8 is 12 months which is another multiple of 3, or am I misunderstanding?

Every threshold I've seen has been a multiple of 3, so I was just wondering if any other aging value was there as well - to isolate this 18month change to AoYRA/AoYA alone.

@CassieCard oh that makes perfect sense yeah that's what I was just telling @barca , i've got to go see if there are any other correlations that could cause conflation before I can say it's all attributable to New account reassignment. 

-Community’s scoring wisdom: Scoring Primer.
-New: MORTGAGE SECTION.
-Negative Reason Codes: CassieCard’s Score Factors.
-Calculate metrics with ccquest’s Workbook.

Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 11 of 38
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Ok, AAoRA is 84 months & AAoIA is 36 months for EX2, so conflated with AAoRA likely. 

coincidentally I hit 66 months and 72 months on average age and average age of revolving Accounts for Version 8 and got whole 2 points for it!

*** for curious readers: I have different age Metrics for Version 2 and version 8/9, since I have an authorized user account that's discounted by 8/9. ***

Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 12 of 38
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

Ok, AAoRA is 84 months & AAoLA is 36 months for EX2, so conflated with AAoRA likely. 

coincidentally I hit 66 months and 72 months on average age and average age of revolving Accounts for Version 8 and got whole 2 points for it!

Wow...Everything Mod 3 = 0 then. lol

Average ages in general may be be more important to the EX FICO 9's.

I've seen +10pts gains there at AAoA 1yr0mo and just got +5 at AAoRA 1yr9mo even after I increased # with balance to 4/4 (100% reporting) and aggregate balance by $759.

Keeper of the Scrolls of Resilience: EQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard (59 People!)

Message 13 of 38
Birdman7
Super Contributor

@CassieCard wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

Ok, AAoRA is 84 months & AAoIA is 36 months for EX2, so conflated with AAoRA likely. 

Wow...Everything Mod 3 = 0 then. lol

Average ages in general may be be more important to the EX FICO 9's.

I've seen +10pts gains there at AAoA 1yr0mo and just got +5 at AAoRA 1yr9mo even after I increased # with balance to 4/4 (100% reporting) and aggregate balance by $759.

@CassieCard Yeah, who knows? 20-new acct? 15-AAoRA? 5-AAoIA? Definitely some conflation but that's a lot of points! I'll bet you that's a threshold for EX2 AAORA. 

Message 14 of 38
AllZero
Super Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

EX2 774>814 - 18 months from most recent account! +40 points!  New Account segmentation Threshold found. Edit: I have not yet ruled out conflation.

@Birdman7  I do recall reading you mentioning the 18 month threshold on EX2 on other posts.

I can confirm I too saw change when AoYRA reach 18 months. It was 1st of the month so I presume it was an aging factor. No AU cards. Not fully optimized. Not AZEO. No change on utilization or score change on EX8, EXAU8, EXBC8, except the below:

EX2 + 26

EX Auto2 +23

EX3 +19

EX Bankcard2 +28

Before negative reason codes:

High Credit UsageShort Account HistoryAccounts With BalancesMany New Accounts

After negative reason codes:

Short Revolving HistoryHigh Credit UsageHigh Account BalancesShort Account History

ETA I had a maxed out card reporting at 100% utilization too!

Message 15 of 38
Birdman7
Super Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your approval!
@Birdman7 wrote:

EX2 774>814 - 18 months from most recent account! +40 points!  New Account segmentation Threshold found. Edit: I have not yet ruled out conflation.

@Birdman7  I do recall reading you mentioning the 18 month threshold on EX2 on other posts.

I can confirm I too saw change when AoYRA reach 18 months. It was 1st of the month so I presume it was an aging factor. No AU cards. Not fully optimized. Not AZEO. No change on utilization or score change on EX8, EXAU8, EXBC8, except the below:

EX2 + 26

EX Auto2 +23

EX3 +19

EX Bankcard2 +28

Short Revolving HistoryHigh Credit UsageHigh Account BalancesShort Account History

@AllZero thank you for the data points that is terrific! I think mine is conflated with average age of Revolving Accounts 84 months. 

Btw, for the mortgage Scores it's AoYA; on 8/9 its AoYRA, for segmentation. 

Message 16 of 38
AllZero
Super Contributor

Lolz. I just noticed my congratulations macro snuck in. D'oh!

Message 17 of 38
AllZero
Super Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

@AllZero thank you for the data points that is terrific! I think mine is conflated with average age of Revolving Accounts 84 months. 

Btw, for the mortgage Scores it's AoYA; on 8/9 its AoYRA, for segmentation. 

Noted. 18 months for me was my revolving account.

Message 18 of 38
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

EX2 + 26

EX Auto2 +23

EX3 +19

EX Bankcard2 +28

Wow, thanks @AllZero ! I'm 3 months away from that threshold and I really didn't think I was going to see much movement in scores for quite a while.

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...

Keeper of the Scrolls of Resilience: EQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard (59 People!)

Message 19 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CassieCard wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

EX2 + 26

EX Auto2 +23

EX3 +19

EX Bankcard2 +28

Wow, thanks @AllZero ! I'm 3 months away from that threshold and I really didn't think I was going to see much movement in scores for quite a while.

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...

Laugh, no doubt.

I might actually hit that; I was thinking about Raleigh places and I am leaning towards a balanced place optimizing for the next 5-6 years if I don't wind up winning the dating lottery.  There's a note though about 2022 occupancy as it's new construction, and if that does wind up being the spot then I'll likely stay squeaky clean through 18 months.  There is probably conflation in Birdman's datapoint but I'd be really close to maxing out EX FICO 2 if I got 40.

        
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.