Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion score impact

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Exclusion score impact

I recently had to fix my BK type with EQ....what a process, but finally done. That lead me to filing an EE request with TU for my BK (too early), along with a dispute for two of the accounts that should have been IIB. They just deleted those two.

So in reviewing my report after the correction, there are staggered "to be removed" dates for the accounts IIB. I have 3 that i plan to call and ask for an EE for tomorrow that are due to fall off between Oct & Jan. Is this going to help my scores even if my BK13 remains for another 3-4 months? I plan to attempt the same with EX and EQ but they don't seem to approve the EE's as early as TU.

Just want to make sure it's worth the effort to ask for the EE's.
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion score impact

You might see a few points difference in having the negative acts removed, but ultimately, as long as the BK is there, whether its a 7 or 13, doesnt matter, BK is the worst derog you can have reporting.

So you won't see a major change in score until the BK is completely off your records.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I called TU last night. The first CSR wasn't helpful, he kept saying I'd have to dispute the accounts, so I kindly requested a supervisor. I had to call out the accounts I knew were set to expire between now & January. He said he deleted them all and would send update in the mail. My BK13 is remaining along with 3 other IIB accounts. Two are car notes we PIF during the BK, so it's a bummer we get no credit for sting those as they were always on time. He wouldn't give me the date to call but did tell me 6/27/18 is when they are due to fall off, so I'll reattempt an EE for the last 3 accounts around Jan 1st.

In total removed 5 accounts, will be interesting to see how my score changes, if at all.
Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I called TU last night. The first CSR wasn't helpful, he kept saying I'd have to dispute the accounts, so I kindly requested a supervisor. I had to call out the accounts I knew were set to expire between now & January. He said he deleted them all and would send update in the mail. My BK13 is remaining along with 3 other IIB accounts. Two are car notes we PIF during the BK, so it's a bummer we get no credit for sting those as they were always on time. He wouldn't give me the date to call but did tell me 6/27/18 is when they are due to fall off, so I'll reattempt an EE for the last 3 accounts around Jan 1st.

In total removed 5 accounts, will be interesting to see how my score changes, if at all.

Thats great you were able to get a few removed early.  its possible you might see a slight score change, anything is better than nothingSmiley Happy  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.