cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early removal of single 30 day mortgage late on Equifax

eharvest

Early removal of single 30 day mortgage late on Equifax

I had a single 30 day late on a mortgage payment 80 months ago. It is my only derogatory. It was reported on all 3 bureaus. Fast forward to today I received my notification from MyFICO that my Fico 8 score on Equifax went from 787 to 830. It turns out that the late mortgage payment has been removed on Equifax. My question is this the norm for Equifax to execute a removal 4 months early? Can I get Experian and Transunion to make this same move early?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: Early removal of single 30 day mortgage late on Equifax

Early removal vs request for early exclusion.

Some bureau's do a so called housekeeping and will remove derogs early with no request, no rhyme or reason I've figured out.  I had a single 30D that was removed by TU 11 months prior to the 7 year mark.  Gained 50 points.  EQ removed 4 months  prior and EX 2 months.  None of these are norms and could remain the full 7 years.

Then there is early exclusions.  You can request an EE with each bureau.  If I recall TU may honor the request 6 months ahead of the 7 year mark, EX 3 months and EQ 1 month.  But it definitely seems to vary and is not a science nor a guarantee they will.  But it can't hurt to ask. You may get lucky with both but more likely TU based on their history.  

FICO - 8: 09/09/21 AU 8 BC 8
FICO - 9: 09/09/21 AU 9 BC 9
F5,F4,F2 09/09/21 AU... BC...
Vantage 09/09/21
As of 09/01/21:
AoOA - 25Y6M | AoYA – 0Y10M | AAoA – 12Y4M
Open: 11 CC: (1 reporting 2.84% : 0.25% AGG UTL) | 1 PLOC | 1 MTG loan: 46.89% UTL
Closed: 1 MTG loan | 2 Auto loans | (EQ) 2 CC, (EX & TU) 1 CC
INQ: (EQ) 0/24 | (TU) 1/24 | (EX) 1/24
Message 2 of 5
eharvest

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I will reach out to TU to see if they will give me an early removal.

Message 3 of 5
eharvest

Update: My 30 day late was removed early from Experian without any direct communication with them.  I disputed with Transunion electronically and over the phone to get the early exclusion of my 30 day late. I was denied electronically and after a 15 minute conversation with a supervisor last week. I received a MyFICO alert today that communicated the 30 day late was no longer on my Transunion File. My Transunion Fico 8 score jumped 38 points. This represents a 3 month early removal from my file. It feels great to have a derogatory free credit file on all three credit bureaus! Thanks for the advice from this community on disputing for the early exclusion.

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Always call. Dont dipute. Theres nothing to dispute because its accurate.

Homeowner Sept 2020. 2021 Explorer ST Chase 3.1%. Sharing my recovery after BK from learning here. Started 540's. EX FICO 9 801 as of 05/03/2023. I stayed around to pay it forward for those who helped me back then.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.