Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Economical Approach to Staying on Top of Your Credit Scores and Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Economical Approach to Staying on Top of Your Credit Scores and Reports

Howard_Hughes wrote:
Then there must be SOME correlation between FAKOs and FICOs, right?

Yes, you are correct. FAKOs and FICOs do "trend" along together. As one goes up, the other will tend to follow. You aren't going to have a 450 FAKO and a 750 FICO. However, you can see upwards of a 100 point difference, at least that's what some have reported. Mine have remained mostly within about 30 points of one another, and at times they were within 10.
Message 41 of 66
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Disagree--I've had one go up, while the other went down. BTW, the "feedback" that I get on TC is very different from the FICO feedback. So obviously, whatever scoring logic underlies the TC scores has some contradictions to that of FICO.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 42 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

First TU banned TC subscribers who pulled their reports daily, even though that was advertised by TU as a selling point.

Then TU appeared to start crosslinking the SSN of subscribers to it's resellers offerings (like PM123 and NC), and banned them.

If you need to pull your reports daily, to monitor changes and updates to your reports, keep an eye open for fraud, etc., then your choices now appear to be AMEX CreditSecure and EX CreditCheckTotal--if like me you're banned in Boston and 39 other monitoring services.

AMEX CS and EX CCT look identical. DW has CS. I have CCT.

CS is $12 a month (I think) and you must be an AMEX card holder. Doesn't matter which one, but you need at least one. Green, Delta, Hilton, Blue, Clear, Black, etc.

CCT is $29.95 a month, and any danged fool can sign up. [Because it's me, they include that in a checkbox.]

http://www.creditchecktotal.com
https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/loyalty.do?page=creditsecure

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 12-03-2007 07:16 AM
Message 43 of 66
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you're in USAA, you can get EX CreditCheck® Monitoring for $5.50/ month. It's EX only, but that's something, anyway. I don't think it's the full EX report, but I'm not familiar enough with the real thing to say for sure.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 66
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First TU banned TC subscribers who pulled their reports daily, even though that was advertised by TU as a selling point.

Then TU appeared to start crosslinking the SSN of subscribers to it's resellers offerings (like PM123 and NC), and banned them.

If you need to pull your reports daily, to monitor changes and updates to your reports, keep an eye open for fraud, etc., then your choices now appear to be AMEX CreditSecure and EX CreditCheckTotal--if like me you're banned in Boston and 39 other monitoring services.

AMEX CS and EX CCT look identical. DW has CS. I have CCT.

CS is $12 a month (I think) and you must be an AMEX card holder. Doesn't matter which one, but you need at least one. Green, Delta, Hilton, Blue, Clear, Black, etc.

CCT is $29.95 a month, and any danged fool can sign up. [Because it's me, they include that in a checkbox.]

http://www.creditchecktotal.com
https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/loyalty.do?page=creditsecure

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 12-03-2007 07:16 AM

If you've been banned from PM be on the lookout for an email reinstating you. I was blocked 3 weeks ago after less than 2 weeks of pulling. I have been banned from TC CIP and PM. Still have chaseidprotection as well. Check that one out just $12 monthly. Very funky looking report but the info seems to be correct. This is NOT the same as chase identity protection.
Message 45 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

National city identity protect requires a national city debt or money card?????
Is this something you guys encountered and did you find a way to get one?
Message 46 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do these agencies offer access to your credit report AND access to your scores?  I thought it was a rip-off to advertise A FREE CREDIT REPORT but have to pay 7.95 to get the score.
Message 47 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

ICU_RN wrote:
National city identity protect requires a national city debt or money card?????

You can sign up for NC using any CC. Does not have to be an NC CC.
Message 48 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

dragracer wrote:
Do these agencies offer access to your credit report AND access to your scores?  I thought it was a rip-off to advertise A FREE CREDIT REPORT

Companies of all sorts advertise free things that ain't truly free. Buyer beware.

Message 49 of 66
Dragonlady

I also get my score from WAMU since I have a CC with them.   However, after seeing my WAMU reported score jump 25 points one month, into a new "credit risk bracket", I immediately ran my FICO scores from MYFICO to confirm and also to see if all CB's were reporting a similar jump.   The FICO numbers given were still where they had been the month before, and the respective FICO score reported by Experian was 14 points lower than the WAMU Experian FICO score.   Then I went back to WAMU and read this:

What score does WaMu display online?
We display a credit card specific FICO score which can range between 250 and 900.  This score adjusts the Classic FICO score based on bankcard credit risk. The Classic FICO score measures a consumer's general credit risk. Large differences between the Classic FICO score and the credit card specific FICO score indicate a consumer whose general credit risk is different than their bankcard credit risk.

So if anyone else is seeing this sort of difference, that's why.
Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.