cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effects of spree with little history (was: if FICO rounds AAoA up to one year...)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

6Re: Effects of spree with little history (was: if FICO rounds AAoA up to one year...)

After my spree, 6 apps in 5 months between November and April, I had the six cards in my siggy (with one decline, plus one card from earlier, in August), and my score bottomed out just under 700, I think it was 698, down about 20 points. Been in the garden since April and it has climbed back up to 733. Part of that is utilization, I moved my spend too the PRG, which doesn't get counted in util, so my utilization reports as crazy low. Like 1%.

But a good chunk was stuff aging, I got about 15 of those points from gardening. The biggest jump when my oldest account hit one year.

Next couple of months I should start seeing this strategy pay off. In October my newest accounts and INQ's will all be older than six months. Then in November four of my INQ's age to one year. In December AAoA hits one year. Another pair of INQ's go in January. Then in April everything is over a year.

I probably won't garden that long. In November or December when those INQ's go I will likely buy a car, and take out a small car loan. Likely will app a PLOC at same time, hoping I can do this both with one HP from my CU, but we will see what financing the dealer has to offer at that time.

Message 41 of 42
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Effects of spree with little history (was: if FICO rounds AAoA up to one year...)

My scores after the spree, not unlike iv's, were 820-825. No apparent milestones after say six months.

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.