Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effects of youngest account crossing 3 months

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Effects of youngest account crossing 3 months

I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't seem to find a reference. I have multiple new accounts this past year and CK has my Average Age of Open accounts at 5 months. Over the past year( since May 2018) I've opened 3 CC's, 1 Mortgage, and consolidated my student loans into one account. So there are no open accounts that are older than 8 months. My youngest account is about to turn 3 months and I was wondering if I could expect any sort of bump when it reports about the middle of the month. This is my Amex and I had done a balance transfer over to it so there is a little balance. The utilization is going down from 47% last reporting, to 42% this time, so no thresholds crossed there. I'm not at AZEO as I have a 9% utilization on another card, but overall utilization is about 12%.

Can I expect any sort of bump from this? I'm just wondering as I'm so close to crossing 700 on all three CRA's and I would love to grab enough points to put me over that.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Effects of youngest account crossing 3 months

It is possible, yes, from what I have seen in data points in these forums. I never really tested on my own profile before. You are referencing AoYA. If you search "AoYA" in this forum, you'll find several threads with data points on this that you may find helpful.

Also, if you really wanted to see if there was a resulting bump in scores, you would want your profiles to be stagnant with no moving parts at the same time. When there are multiple changes that are happening, it is much harder to single out what effected your score in what way. I would also advise using Fico 8 scores, not CK scores, if you aren't already. You mentioned what your CK was showing, so I figured I would bring that up just in case you were not aware. CK used Vantage 3.0 scores, which are not a reflection of Fico's, and are rarely used by lenders, if at all.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 10
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Thanks the CK reference was just from what they were showing as the average age. I'm talking about changes to my fico scores which are in my signature.

Current 5/28/20:

Next Goal all over 800
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Do not go by AAoA on CK front end software, both FICO and VS3 algorithms use both open and closed accounts in calculating AAoA.

2. All FICO age related factors, including AoYA happens on the first of the month the card was opened, if there was a FICO bump, it would have happened already.

3. In my year long carefully controlled experiment, there were no scoring bumps for AoYA at 3 months or 6 months, got a 21 point bump at 12 months.

Message 4 of 10
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Do not go by AAoA on CK front end software, both FICO and VS3 algorithms use both open and closed accounts in calculating AAoA.

2. All FICO age related factors, including AoYA happens on the first of the month the card was opened, if there was a FICO bump, it would have happened already.

3. In my year long carefully controlled experiment, there were no scoring bumps for AoYA at 3 months or 6 months, got a 21 point bump at 12 months.

Well, that's a bummer. I could have sworn I saw a reference to a slight bump when they reach 3 months. I guess I'll just need to wait until these other baddies fall off or I get my utilization down a little more before I see the 700's across the board.

Current 5/28/20:

Next Goal all over 800
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, that's a bummer. I could have sworn I saw a reference to a slight bump when they reach 3 months. I guess I'll just need to wait until these other baddies fall off or I get my utilization down a little more before I see the 700's across the board.

It's not easy isolating individual events with scores with so many moving parts, almost impossible to do without access to daily report and score. The slight bump could have come from UTI, inquiries hitting one year, AAoA or AoOA crossing over thresholds...etc..

As for hitting 700, without knowing when your derogs will drop off, you have a lot to look forward to, especially if you hit the garden and allow what you have to age. Rise in your TRUE AAoA, aging your AoOA (probably one of your close accounts), 20 point bonus for 1 year AoYA, inquiries become unscorable at 1 year,  continuing paid down of UTI. You will soon be worrying about when to hit 750, you just have to be patient.

Message 6 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Which FICO model were you tracking on that 12 month mark?

        
Message 7 of 10
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

As for hitting 700, without knowing when your derogs will drop off, you have a lot to look forward to, especially if you hit the garden and allow what you have to age. Rise in your TRUE AAoA, aging your AoOA (probably one of your close accounts), 20 point bonus for 1 year AoYA, inquiries become unscorable at 1 year,  continuing paid down of UTI. You will soon be worrying about when to hit 750, you just have to be patient.

My reports will be totally clean in May of next year. My TU is clean now from EE's on it. I'm sure I should be close to if not over 750 by then. I'm just impatient and want it now :-)

My oldest account is 11-13 years based on which CRA you look at and my average is 7-8 years depending on the report source.

Current 5/28/20:

Next Goal all over 800
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which FICO model were you tracking on that 12 month mark?

FICO 8
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

...and my average is 7-8 years depending on the report source.

Keep in mind that your AAoA is your AAoA; report source (front-end software) is irrelevant.  You can figure out your AAoA on your own and compare that to what you see from different CMS fluff software.  If you find one that's right, roll with it.  Any that don't match what you calculated yourself is wrong, plain and simple.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.