cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Either EX FAKO score (Vantage or Plus) close to FICO??

tag
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Either EX FAKO score (Vantage or Plus) close to FICO??

I know that you can get a FAKO (Vantage or Plus) score from the EX website when you get your report, but are either of these close to what your actual FICO for EX is?  Does it just vary from person to person? 

I am really not happy about the fact that a company that is reporting finacial statistics to my potential lenders about me refuses to allow me to purchase that score.  Same for the auto option FICo scores.  Such BS!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Either EX FAKO score (Vantage or Plus) close to FICO??

@AZHeather wrote:

I know that you can get a FAKO (Vantage or Plus) score from the EX website when you get your report, but are either of these close to what your actual FICO for EX is?  Does it just vary from person to person? 

I am really not happy about the fact that a company that is reporting finacial statistics to my potential lenders about me refuses to allow me to purchase that score.  Same for the auto option FICo scores.  Such BS!

It will vary based on different people, for some people it's higher, for others lower.   There is no correlation.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the Experian site's score is waaaaaaaaaaaaay lower than reality's. Here's my reasoning.

On MyFIco, my scores are 706 and 678 as of last week.  TU and EQ of course. Not amazing but not in the toilet level. Anyway, out of spontonaneity, I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and got approved on May 2. Again, last week.

The Sapphire is supposedly a  semi-snobby type of card that at requires at least 720 score and $120,000 income and.  I've read the $5k minimum credit line they dole out to everyone, and me, isn't even a limit and that there really is no credit limit just a spend-much and -pay-much as you go kind of system.

Anyway, it's not a secret club card, but it's tough to get for someone like me.  But they approved me.

So, I figured they took my TU score which is 706. Highest, so makes sense.

For kicks, I got my scores/reports from Experian site yesterday. My EX is 601, TU 626, EQ 640s lol. Funny stuff.

Anyway, here's the mysterious part. On the credit reports, in the inquiry sections, the only report that showed an inquiry from Chase on May 2 was CHASE. For my fancy pants Sapphire card!  Huh?? But my EX is 601!

No inquiries exist on my TU and EQ for years.

So to me this shows

1. EX site is very wrong on scores.

2. CHASE Sapphire Preferred uses EX for applications

Or maybe their reports are wrong too and Chase didn't use EX to approve my Sapphire. Still confused as to why I got it but I'll take it. Waiting for it in mail.

Message 3 of 4
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

I'm actually tempted to spend some time looking a pattern and see how much variation in FICO could be explained by variation in the other. Is it highly probable there is correlation, though some anecdotal evidence suggests scores have moved in opposite directions at times, which would indicate no correlation (and even if you find correlation, it can be spurious, of course). I would still posit a high degree of correlation - how high might be interesting. I doubt that there would be a total lack of correlation but if that emerges, that will be interesting in itself.

I need data points, FAKOs and FICOs for the same person at the same time. Perhaps throw in a couple of more variables that we know of. Get at least 100 data points from people on the forum and run a multiple regression. Get a resulting predictive equation and see how accurate it might be. Fun summer project. Smiley Very Happy

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.