Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails, Letters, or Phone Calls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails, Letters, or Phone Calls

When trying to repair your credit, whether it is GW letters, or disputes what is the best way to contact companies and get the fastest response?  Can I email a GW and followup with a physical letter?  Is it best to contact them over the phone? 

What about disputes with TU, EX, EQ?  Email, letters, or phone calls?  Thanks for responding.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emails, Letters, or Phone Calls

It is best to do everything in writing when dealing with a collection agency. That way you have documentation of every communication and it will be difficult for them to renig on an offer. Also, when disputing information with the CRA's I prefer to dispute on-line directly at their website. Other's may prefer to write. It is up to you.

Have a great weekend.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree...You want a record of your contacts...mail is best....
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had MULTIPLE improvements to my own situation since Feb... ALL of my improved, deleted TLs have come as a result of CMRRs EXCEPT for one LOCAL CA that I PFD'd with a faxed letter stating they would delete.

Good luck, while there are tons of posters that have had success with online disputes - I still think that CMRR is the best form.

Rob
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.