cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - 3 charged off credit cards gone. 4 collections, gone. New credit card with $5k limit

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax - 3 charged off credit cards gone. 4 collections, gone. New credit card with $5k limit

CaptainKangaroo wrote:
Do you know they will be off? It apparently depends on whether they are Stafford or Perkins (if I understood/remember correctly). On the bright side, my mortgage FICO scores have had a nice jump with midpoint going from 639 to 673 in just two months so hopefully you'll find a nice improvement there too.

Hi CK,

On one of the E reports (exp or equi), the official ones,  it tells estimated removal date which for me is August 2017.    I think that is 7 years from the original default date.   They are paid in full, and Navient removed all lates on their end after the payoff, but they were with Suntrust for a couple of years which is the accounts w the lates.    The original loans were state guaranteed loans, which were sold to the government.  

Are yours paid?  

Congrats on the mortgage score bump!!!   I have heard that the mortgage scores are very responsive to the total amount owed being low.     But I really wish the lenders would step up their game and use newer scores!     But I guess if they did that, then all of the point scales would change also.    

Also, fingers crossed that the interest rates don't increase very much in the next 1 - 2 years...     Are you with Navy Federal?   I am hoping to get a loan with them (either homebuyers choice or conventional), but I'm going to shop other lenders too. 

Message 11 of 11