cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - 3 charged off credit cards gone. 4 collections, gone. New credit card with $5k limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax - 3 charged off credit cards gone. 4 collections, gone. New credit card with $5k limit

Doubling my available credit. Credit score? Exactly the same. Smiley Indifferent I am learning the joy of buckets, I am guessing?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax - 3 charged off credit cards gone. 4 collections, gone. New credit card with $5k limit

@Anonymous wrote:
Doubling my available credit. Credit score? Exactly the same. Smiley Indifferent I am learning the joy of buckets, I am guessing?

I'm sure it just hasn't updated.  Those changes would definitely lead to a big score change, unless you still have other things bringing your profile down.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax - 3 charged off credit cards gone. 4 collections, gone. New credit card with $5k limit

Usually when Myfico posts an update, there's a score change with it if there have been any significant changes since the last update. I could still expect a score change? :/
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone ever tried to get enough data points to figure out the mystery of buckets? I apparently am at the top of some mysterious bucket that stops at 660 or so and has people with multiple blemishes including collections - my Equifax is 657 and Transunion 658. On Experian, I have no collections but multiple lates including a much newer late than the other two and a score of 670. Did anyone else stall right about 660? I hope the buckets for mortgage scores don't have the same criteria. I NEED to get my middle scote to 680 asap! Currently it's 673. Sigh.

Message 4 of 11
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

My profile sounds like its similar to yours.  I also have collections and late pays from the past.

You haven't reached the top of this "bucket."  I'm right around 700 with all those baddies still

remaining.  How's your uti?  There's something else in your profile that's holding you back.  Also,

how recent your negatives happened will affect your scores.

Best credit wishes to you.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card utilization is maybe 4%. BUT I have ancient student loans upon which collection efforts had long ceased and I started paying them maybe 8 or 9 years ago, and they showed back up on my credit report. Then I went through some challenging times and could not pay for some months ago and have lates, since rehabbed. But my debt to original balance is terrifying. It's going to be a long while before it improves. Maybe that's holding me down too. My last late on Transunion is about 2 years old and Equifax, maybe 3 or 4. Sigh. I need to find a way to skin this cat. I'd love to be at 700 before getting a mortgage.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been stuck at 672 with the Equi and Exp for what seems like FOREVER.   Actually its been about 3 months. Util = only 4%.  I have a horrible file full of student loan lates, all of it from 2010 and 11.  One charge off that is due to come off in October, soon!     No collections.    I honestly feel STUCK, so I feel your pain!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg LolaCat, you are me! I have a charge off coming off then too! My lates were in 2011!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Omg LolaCat, you are me! I have a charge off coming off then too! My lates were in 2011!

HAHA!   Well in that case, I won't expect a huge change with the chargeoff coming off next month!   It's frustrating isn't it?    I've read that late payments decrease with time, BUT, I bet that when you have many many lates that is not the case as much!  

What is your timeline for a mortgage?    I am still saving for a downpayment, and will not be ready for at least a year, and the student loans have a DOFD from way before the late payments (they changed hands), so they will be off in August.

I will be sure to update here when my chargeoff falls off!    Hang in there, it's nice to know we are not alone!     We've come this far, it's the HOME STRETCH Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know they will be off? It apparently depends on whether they are Stafford or Perkins (if I understood/remember correctly). On the bright side, my mortgage FICO scores have had a nice jump with midpoint going from 639 to 673 in just two months so hopefully you'll find a nice improvement there too.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.