Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax AND Experian: tax lien removal, score changes, notes

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax: tax lien removal, score changes, notes

Experian data added to the top post; short notes all FICO models apparently have   CFA's as a negative, my theory FICO 9 wasn't counting them was just that, a theory which was wrong as I have it in a FICO 9 industry option.

FICO 3 is complaining about numbers of balances, actually I have more than I was intended to report (6 currently as I am waiting to pay my Chase balances this time, money in hand grace period style) but if my FICO 8 shifts I'll repull and catch FICO 3 and 2, but I'm not expecting to and I don't care about FICO 3 and FICO 2 is above the 740 line anyway so mazel tov FICO!

Rest is all pretty people stuff, short credit history and similar, inquiries, recently opened account, nothing surprising or that interesting.

        
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do we get these deleted? I have disputed them and acutally wrote letters and I have received nothing back on either attempt. 

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How do we get these deleted? I have disputed them and acutally wrote letters and I have received nothing back on either attempt. 

The most effective way is to create an account at the Consumer Financial Protection Burea at www.consumerfinance.gov and file a complaint through their website. You can include a copy of the lien obtained from the recorder's office that is holding it and attach it to your complaint so they can confirm it does not meet the rules set forth in the National Consumer Assistance Plan (NCAP) that states liens must have a full name, address, SSI (full SSI, not partially or completely redacted) and/or DOB to be reported on anyone's credit file. For the record, the CFPB is a governmental agency setup to police various financial institutions which include the credit bureaus and the NCAP is the new guidelines they are to follow which went into effect for tax liens and judgements on 07/01/2017.

Make sure your complaint includes the docket number of each lien you are disputing, that you state the reason for deletion is they don't meet the new rules set forth in the NCAP, include the liens being disputed as an attachment showing they are out of compliance and then wait about 15 days for them to respond. Worked for me on a few hard to remove liens and has worked for others as well. They are required to respond in 15 days and need to be completely finished with the investigation in 60 days. Most have seen success within the 15 day timeframe for lien removal.

Good luck

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the social security number have to be in full or just the last 4 digits?

Message 24 of 34
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Someone above said it has to be in full.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the court house and obtained a copy of these tax liens.  First of all they have an address listed in which I have NEVER lived at.  I have lived at the same place for the past 30 years. I went from a post office box to a street address in a totally different town.  Second, the tax lien does not have my FULL social security number on the last 4.  So I sent a compliant to Consumers Finance, hopefull they will get these deleted from my report. 

Message 26 of 34
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Good luck! I didn't even bother to go pull the report, I feel they more than likely listed it under my last 4. I'll see what the CFPB says.

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion deleted my reports!  Only increased my score by 20 points.  I am hoping to see my Score 2, Score3 and 4 raised within a few months since that is what mortgage lenders look at. I need it to be 580.  Thinking about becoming an authorized user on my daughters who has a score of 779.  Would that help increase my scores?  

Message 28 of 34
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats! I haven't heard a peep on my claim. Yes the AU TL could help with your AAoA and Util, so it could increase your scores. But if the card is maxed out or has a high Util it could hurt your scores. Since she has a high score, I'll assume that means she doesn't have high Util on any of her cards so I'd go for it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax AND Experian: tax lien removal, score changes, notes

Well, I filed a complaint with the CFPB against EQ. I haven't tried to get the tax lien removed from TU since the new rule went into effect. I figure I should dispute once more with them. If it comes back verified, I'll file a complaint against them too.
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.