cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Score Dropped 13 points after paying to 0% Balance?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Equifax Score Dropped 13 points after paying to 0% Balance?

Hey everyone I have been rebuilding my credit for the past year. I started with a 450 and in the last year got my scores up to Ex 731, Tu 707, EQ 655. In the last 5 months I have been keep my untilazion between 1 and 5%. So this month I paid everything in full. Because there is no need to pay any interest. Keep in mind I wasnt expecting my score to go up just stay the same. Then Bam on the EQ website my score took a 13 point hit for not using my availble credit. I have $4150 in credit on my cards 2 cap1 at $500 each, Credit one at $550 (yeah I now it sucks lol) Discover at $2000, and Webbank at $600. I normally spend $1500 to $2000 threw them each month and pay them off only leaving about $2 to $30 on 1 or 2 cards. Now that they are all paid down to 0% i lose 13 points thats crazy.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Equifax Score Dropped 13 points after paying to 0% Balance?

Yes, you need to maintain a small balance reporting each month on one of your cards, less than 9% of a cards CL and you will regain those points.
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.