Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax early 30day late removal

tag
Crazy4sc
Valued Member

Equifax early 30day late removal

Equifax removal a 30day late (my only negative) on a paid off car loan 3 months early. My question is they took away all payment history that was on there before removal ,Is this normally what happens on a clean report? I didn't ask for them to remove anything. The other thing was I called trans union to ask them when it was coming off , the lady said she could remove whole file but I said no. My question now is it any better with a closed account & no payment history or just delete file ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax early 30day late removal

@Crazy4sc wrote:

Equifax removal a 30day late (my only negative) on a paid off car loan 3 months early. My question is they took away all payment history that was on there before removal ,Is this normally what happens on a clean report? I didn't ask for them to remove anything. The other thing was I called trans union to ask them when it was coming off , the lady said she could remove whole file but I said no. My question now is it any better with a closed account & no payment history or just delete file ?

@Crazy4sc don't worry about it, you are laboring under a misunderstanding of how the algorithm works. That grid is just for your viewing pleasure, I believe. The algorithm looks at the payment status, and if it says paid as agreed, then it considers it perfect payment history since the opening date. So you're good don't let it rent space. 

Message 2 of 5
Crazy4sc
Valued Member

Great !thanks .. & what a cool way u have of saying... don't worry, be happy!!! ❤️👏

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly!! 😉😊
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding what you were told by TU, assuming it's accurate, my stance would be the following.  Under most circumstances if my options were to have a dirty account completely removed from my CR or have it remain in order to keep the "history" there, I'd take the entire account removal.  The age of the negative item though would be a consideration.  For example, if you've got a 6 year loan with a late payment that's (say) 5.5 years old, that's only a year and a half until it would be expected to drop off.  Conversely if your late payment was from 3 months ago and you know it's going to hang out for 6+ years, I'd take dropping the account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.