Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax half off promo

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Equifax half off promo

I got an email today advertising Equifax's credit monitoring service.  They are having a half off sale so its $9.95 / month for 12 months.  I used to have this years ago and I found Equifax to be the best when it came to the speed of receiving alerts.  They were the fastest by far.  Additionally, they were the only service Ive ever used that provided you with all the SP hits to your file.

The major detraction was the score they give you is their own proprietary score that they admit, no one uses

From their email

".....The Equifax® Credit Score and 3-Bureau credit scores are based on the Equifax Credit Score model. Third parties use many different types of credit scores and will not use the Equifax Credit Score or 3-Bureau credit scores to assess your creditworthiness"

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax half off promo

I signed up for the half off promo. The next day my FICO score went from 824 to 412!

Seriously, though, thanks for the heads up, Meanmchine.

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I signed up for Equifax monitoring 3 or 4 months ago, and then within a couple of months cancelled.

It took an inordinate amount of clicks to get to the report. And then it stopped giving me the report altogether. When I called their horrid customer service department, they wanted to keep me on the line for an hour or more. I finally gave up and told them to cancel; that went more smoothly.

I had basically the same experience with them once before.

And yes, they give you one useless score, and no useful ones.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

Will Equifax only lose half of your personal info next time too?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.