cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax incorrectly reported 0% utilization on CR, no installment loans, dropped my score 31 pts

tag
TaylorTaylor
New Contributor

Re: Equifax incorrectly reported 0% utilization on CR, no installment loans, dropped my score 31 pts

This glitch has hit me too. Anyone have any updates yet on their reports of this being fixed? Or do I have to call EQ? Please, don't make me call EQ, lol.

Fico 8
Starting Score (06/2020):
Current Score (12/2023):

Fico 9
Starting (10/2019):
Current (12/2023):

Wells Fargo Visa Signature Card: $10,000 - CapitalOne SavorOne: $11,000 - Care Credit: $20,000 - Target RedCard: $5000 - Apple: $2250 - Amazon: $10,000 - Synchrony Home Design $21,000
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax incorrectly reported 0% utilization on CR, no installment loans, dropped my score 31 pts

@TaylorTaylor Mine hasn't been fixed or updated correctly yet... I am trying to be patient, but this is seriously ridiculous. I'm trying to decide if it would be better to call or just file disputes on all the accounts? I guess I would really like to know which way will avoid them screwing it up even more??🙄😡

Message 12 of 23
TaylorTaylor
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TaylorTaylor Mine hasn't been fixed or updated correctly yet... I am trying to be patient, but this is seriously ridiculous. I'm trying to decide if it would be better to call or just file disputes on all the accounts? I guess I would really like to know which way will avoid them screwing it up even more??🙄😡

I gave in and filed a dispute. This may have been a bad idea, but that is what my impatience gets me. I'll let everyone know what happens. Pray for me, lol!

Fico 8
Starting Score (06/2020):
Current Score (12/2023):

Fico 9
Starting (10/2019):
Current (12/2023):

Wells Fargo Visa Signature Card: $10,000 - CapitalOne SavorOne: $11,000 - Care Credit: $20,000 - Target RedCard: $5000 - Apple: $2250 - Amazon: $10,000 - Synchrony Home Design $21,000
Message 13 of 23
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Mine had not corrected either, luckily I don't need anything credit wise right now so gonna give them more time. I am afraid to dispute and not sure of that will solve the problem so keep us posted .

Message 14 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @TaylorTaylor for "taking one for the team!!"

My accounts haven't been due to update just yet so I am still in pause mode.

Appreciate your contribution to the community and we'll look forward to your update! 

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an alert from myfico that my score increased for Equifax. My score has went back to normal now. MyFico updated reports aren't scheduled until the end of the month so I guess I will see then if they fixed everything correctly.  I may pull my free credit report next week just to see if the accounts are back opened with correct balances (you can get all 3 for free once a week until next year because of COVID).

Hope everyone else's are correcting as well.

Message 16 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Great news @Anonymous Thank you so much for sharing!

I'm in the same boat as you as my paid reports will update at the end of the month.  I think I'll follow your steps and run them another way to see if they've corrected themselves.  I don't think I read that you disputed, I think you waited like me so perhaps that glitch is resolved.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Message 17 of 23
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the update!! Mine has not resolved yet but hopefully soon! 

Message 18 of 23
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Mine have not updated. My Alliant auto loan shows as closed only on my EQ. It reports at the end of each month so it should update in the next few days. The status already updated on my EX and TU. 

Message 19 of 23
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

Mine have not updated. My Alliant auto loan shows as closed only on my EQ. It reports at the end of each month so it should update in the next few days. The status already updated on my EX and TU. 

Update. I just pulled my EQ report. It's there back open and reporting correctly now. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.