I pulled all three reports and scores from MyFico and the results are

TU - 662
EQ - 656
EX - 684

and it was  3 months back

TU-656
EQ-621
EX-659

Why TU is only up by 6 points where EQ is up by 35 and EX by 25.

Message Edited by darkblue on 11-05-2007 10:10 AM
Message 11 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Equifax score Vs Identity Gaurd score

It's possible that one or more of your payments hasn't posted yet on TU. Updates seem to stagger on to my reports on different dates. Also, I have read elsewhere that TU gives a lot of weight to mortgages. I'm guessing that maybe you don't have one yet, and you're going for your first one? If so, that might explain it. Most likely, it's a combination of a lot of little things. BTW, from what you posted about the scores you got from your lender, they were all FICO scores, going under various names.

Could be another question for your lender--do they typically see slightly lower TU scores in first-time home buyers?

This is little more than a stab in the dark from what I've read, but it * seems * as if EQ marks down more for lates, EX marks down more for lots of inquiries, and TU marks down more if you don't have a mortgage TL.

Otherwise, those are some nice jumps--35 points on WQ and 25 on EX. Hope you get another bump on TU, and that you're getting closer to where you need to be!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the dates reported and the balance reported by three agencies.

EQ  As of Oct 19,2007 (from Equifax)

Date Reported
Chase  $903            09/2007
Citi       $1290          10/2007
DCU    $257             08/2007

Score:656

As of Nov 05,2007  (from MyFico)

EQ                            date of last activity
chase  $1120           Nov 2007
citi        $1290          Nov 2007
DCU    $257             Aug 2007

Ex                           Date of last activity           Date of last reported
Chase    $1120       Oct 2004                          Sep 2007
Citi         $1290        Oct 2007                          Oct 2007
DCU      $257          May 2001                          Aug 2007

TU
Chase    $1120        Sep 2007
Citi         $1290         Oct 2007
DCU      $605           Aug 2007

I observed the following two things

--- I have paid $700 in fourth week of October towards Citi.But it did not reflect in the report (on Equifax).But it shows date of last activity as Nov 2004.

--- Diff amount is shown as bal on DCU on TU report where Date of last reported is same.

What is date of last activity and Date of last reported on Experian report.

Message 13 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Date of last activity = the last time you doing things on that account
Date last reported = the last time that the creditor updated your credit report

From what you posted, I gather that the Citi card is currently being used, but the Chase card is not, and also the DCU (whatever that is) is not currently active.

Don't know why your August payment didn't report on your TU report. You might call them (UNLESS THEY ARE COLLECTIONS --do not speak to collections on the phone) and ask them. You can also dispute with TU via a letter generated from your TU score on this site (see the next steps tab) or by phone. I'm pretty sure that, in order to dispute by phone, you will need a copy of your report from TU (=$) or from annualcreditreport.com. If you dispute from the free annualcredit yadayada report, they have extra time to fix it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the three credit cards are currently in use.
Thats the reason i asked about Date of last activity. Its supposed to be October 2007 for DCU and Chase. But the reports say different.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - Date of Last Activity DOLA is either the date opened or the last time the "Status" of the account changed,

@Anonymous wrote:
All the three credit cards are currently in use.
Thats the reason i asked about Date of last activity. Its supposed to be October 2007 for DCU and Chase. But the reports say different.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.