Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even 6-1/2 year old lates hurt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Proof that on my profile, even 6-1/2 year old lates hurt

For me it all comes down to how we quantify a lot or significant amount of points.

As a huge generalization here, I'd say that when talking a lone minor delinquency, roughly 2/3 of the points come back [relatively] quickly, where the final 1/3 comes back when it falls off.  I'd say the opposite is true of a major, where maybe 1/3 of the points comes back early on and then the other 2/3 of the points don't come back until it falls off.

Both a minor and a major first hitting a report can cause a (say) 100 point drop.  If the minor in 7 years coming off results in 35 points coming back on average and a major 70 points on average, that's how I'm coming up with these 1/3 and 2/3 generalizations relative to the initial impact felt at the time it showed up on the CR.

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it all comes down to how we quantify a lot or significant amount of points.

As a huge generalization here, I'd say that when talking a lone minor delinquency, roughly 2/3 of the points come back [relatively] quickly, where the final 1/3 comes back when it falls off.  I'd say the opposite is true of a major, where maybe 1/3 of the points comes back early on and then the other 2/3 of the points don't come back until it falls off.

Both a minor and a major first hitting a report can cause a (say) 100 point drop.  If the minor in 7 years coming off results in 35 points coming back on average and a major 70 points on average, that's how I'm coming up with these 1/3 and 2/3 generalizations relative to the initial impact felt at the time it showed up on the CR.

Message 32 of 41
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You must have more charge offs or other seriously damaging accounts. 

I had a charge off and two loans with 60 days late one time removed via EE by TU in January leaving just my BK and I went up 54 points from 652 to 706. 

The data that says older items aren’t very damaging has been proven false lately, even 30 day lates have been returning 25+ points when they age off. 

When my 30 day late from 5 years ago was goodwilled and removed from my TU report, my score went up more than 10 points for sure. I think that's why my EQ score is so much lower than the rest. I've combed through the reports and they are all the same, but I have a collection on TU and EX that's not reporting to EQ. I do however have a 30 day late that wasn't removed from EQ until like a few days ago. I'll have to wait about 20 days to pull my reports again, but I'm hoping my EQ score will finally be in the 700's since it's 100% clean.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 33 of 41
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Saeren, I have plenty of those types of letters already. Good thing is, Disco doesn’t seem to care how many times you try. They’ve been more than happy to tell me “no” no matter how many times I ask lol. I’m not at the level that AJC is (think his wording was along the lines of having enough letters to wallpaper a medium size bathroom) but I’ve gotten quite used to rejection. But the 2-day is encouraging as there seems to be at least as many CLIs granted as denied when that is the instant response, based on a forum search. We shall see!

I often wonder what my mailman thinks of all the Synchrony letters I get LOL. I'll keep bugging them for CLI 30 days after I get one until they finally give in. Plus, I have access to my fiance's account with Synchrony, so I ask for his account as well. Kind of mad at myself for low-balling this month because I probably could've gotten his up to $10,000, but I only typed $8,000 instead. Instant approval, so I was kicking myself. I'm going to add myself as an authorized user on that account when the balance is paid off a little more.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Saeren, I have plenty of those types of letters already. Good thing is, Disco doesn’t seem to care how many times you try. They’ve been more than happy to tell me “no” no matter how many times I ask lol. I’m not at the level that AJC is (think his wording was along the lines of having enough letters to wallpaper a medium size bathroom) but I’ve gotten quite used to rejection. But the 2-day is encouraging as there seems to be at least as many CLIs granted as denied when that is the instant response, based on a forum search. We shall see!

I often wonder what my mailman thinks of all the Synchrony letters I get LOL. I'll keep bugging them for CLI 30 days after I get one until they finally give in. Plus, I have access to my fiance's account with Synchrony, so I ask for his account as well. Kind of mad at myself for low-balling this month because I probably could've gotten his up to $10,000, but I only typed $8,000 instead. Instant approval, so I was kicking myself. I'm going to add myself as an authorized user on that account when the balance is paid off a little more.

Supposedly with Sync you can log out and log back in and ask again for more 😂 

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You must have more charge offs or other seriously damaging accounts. 

I had a charge off and two loans with 60 days late one time removed via EE by TU in January leaving just my BK and I went up 54 points from 652 to 706. 

The data that says older items aren’t very damaging has been proven false lately, even 30 day lates have been returning 25+ points when they age off. 

When my 30 day late from 5 years ago was goodwilled and removed from my TU report, my score went up more than 10 points for sure. I think that's why my EQ score is so much lower than the rest. I've combed through the reports and they are all the same, but I have a collection on TU and EX that's not reporting to EQ. I do however have a 30 day late that wasn't removed from EQ until like a few days ago. I'll have to wait about 20 days to pull my reports again, but I'm hoping my EQ score will finally be in the 700's since it's 100% clean.

Congrats on getting it wiped out!

I am excited for July to get here so the last of my baddies fall from EQ and EX. I expect they will be 10-20 higher than TU like they were previously which means I’ll be over 710 on all three with my BK still on there (signature is out of date, Synchrony is showing my TU at 708). When the BK falls, I’m expecting to move up but I’ll have to see what scorecard I land in. I’m guessing 750-760 range assuming I stay in the garden. I mean I got 54 points for a charge off (complete with 180 day lates) and a BK is higher than a charge off in scoring impact but it all depends on scorecard assignment with my new clean files and how they then stand up to the average. 

Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it works out that way for you. Other than this CapOne I have, which leaves EX via EE next month and leaves EQ in June, I have only medicals on TU and EQ, and one old Synch on EX that they won’t remove. Any of you ever do the HIPAA exclusion on medicals? I want to talk to someone who has done it, to be sure I do all the right steps in the right order. Once I clear those, the countdown is on for the end of 2019 when Synch falls off and I’m completely clean!
Message 37 of 41
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I hope it works out that way for you. Other than this CapOne I have, which leaves EX via EE next month and leaves EQ in June, I have only medicals on TU and EQ, and one old Synch on EX that they won’t remove. Any of you ever do the HIPAA exclusion on medicals? I want to talk to someone who has done it, to be sure I do all the right steps in the right order. Once I clear those, the countdown is on for the end of 2019 when Synch falls off and I’m completely clean!

Thanks! I've never done it because my medical collection is only on my EX report now and will fall off in a few months, so why bother? However, I do have VERY large bills with the same collection company (CMRE Financial) that they're not reporting to the bureau's for whatever reason. When I spoke to them about paying the $80 ones, she said I had 2 more (1 for $2,000 ish and one for almost $30,000). I did ask if we could do a charity waiver or financial help and she said she'd send me an application for it. The only issue with that is they go based on your current income, not what it was when you received the bill. I make way too much money now to qualify, so I never even bothered sending it back. They're both out of the SOL and not on my reports (knock on wood!!!) so I'm just leaving it alone for now.

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wise plan - don’t poke the bear. If they do resurface though, fill out the charity care app. You never know, with medical bills the cutoff may be quite high and you may get in.
Message 39 of 41
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Supposedly with Sync you can log out and log back in and ask again for more 😂 

Yeah I tried that and it didn't work. Smiley Sad Oh well! There's always next month! They definitely haven't seen the last of me haha.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.