cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exp. Fico 8 drops for me and ds, not dh or dil.

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Exp. Fico 8 drops for me and ds, not dh or dil.

So I decide to let a balance report on a capone card, first time ever.  $400 on a $5500cl. I lost 6pts., dh lost nothing, ds....he lost 27pts. his dw, nada either.  I know it will not be anything but a memory next month when it reports 0 bal.

But wow what a difference in scores versus thin, thick, aged, young.  I am not telling my ds, lol!  Just not.  Here's the kicker.  His dw, who is also an AU, it did not report at all.  They have identical credit reports- Only difference is he is owner of two accts. whereas she is AU on his two, the rest of their credit is through our accts.

Neither use the cards that they are AU on except one, disco.  Soooooo, weird!? or not so weird?  Maybe dil got lucky? maybe not in a day or two.  Also, Vantage is nuts, ds got 54pt and 52pt increase today.....lol, (Credit Krama)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Exp. Fico 8 drops for me and ds, not dh or dil.

Forgot to mention:

Ds exp fico 8 score was 757

Dil exp fico 8 score is 762

Message 2 of 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

So I decide to let a balance report on a capone card, first time ever.  $400 on a $5500cl. I lost 6pts., dh lost nothing, ds....he lost 27pts. his dw, nada either.  I know it will not be anything but a memory next month when it reports 0 bal.

But wow what a difference in scores versus thin, thick, aged, young.  I am not telling my ds, lol!  Just not.  Here's the kicker.  His dw, who is also an AU, it did not report at all.  They have identical credit reports- Only difference is he is owner of two accts. whereas she is AU on his two, the rest of their credit is through our accts.

Neither use the cards that they are AU on except one, disco.  Soooooo, weird!? or not so weird?  Maybe dil got lucky? maybe not in a day or two.  Also, Vantage is nuts, ds got 54pt and 52pt increase today.....lol, (Credit Krama)

@GApeachy  Yes sistah I feel your frustration , dh's lost 7 points from going from 3% utilization  to 4% utilization on EXP. Good forbid you use a card 😠 Now I am assuming his individual utilization on that particular card went up and explains the decrease, but gosh imagine if we had to float some charges on our cards for a wee bit, major drops I assume.

The credit world is a slippery slope, they grant us cards and give us CLIs, don't use cards they close or decrease for iin activity,  use the cards and your scores suffer.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 4
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom 

Sistah, I mean...that's some kinda spankin'.  I don't get it.  Use it, ding!   Azeo is the "Way-zo" I guess. Sux!  Experian is just so darned sensitive for me, I didn't think it would turn on him like that though...lesson learned.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.