cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

Sorry.  Not "in" 24 months..."for 24 months".
Message 51 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

You have an exellent score-
You do not have a good MIX- for FICO-  

Donnernv wrote:
No "reds" on the balance scale.  No negative comments.  Suggestion was to "pay off CC debt within 24 months".  Isn't 43 years enough?

Message 52 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, to me it's for entertainment only.  As I told FICO, "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a **bleep**".  I don't need nor use credit...CC only for air miles and online orders.  But it is still hokey to me.
Message 53 of 474
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You fall far out of the general mix of credit consumers, so it's not at all surprising that your score is so goofy. FICO scores are designed to attempt to predict future credit behavior by the consumer, and you now aren't giving them as much recent information as they would like, as you no longer have any installment loan products.

At some point, everyone comes to a place where what makes sense financially does not make sense for FICO scoring and vice versa. That's where you are now. It would be silly financially to take out a $2000 loan to placate the score formula, but that would probably raise your scores. And as you point out, you have no need in doing that.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 54 of 474
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Donnernv, I don't have any mortgage or loans reporting either. 

On the right side of your "FICO Score Summary" page (under FICO score ingredients and How you rate) are all of the factors (Payment history, Amount of debt, etc. ) rated "Great? "  Are any rated "Very Good? "  The reason I'm asking, is that you did mention your utilization averages about 10%.  I was wondering if that could be affecting your score.   

Are these comments on your "Understanding Your FICO Score ('balance scales' ) " page--

What’s hurting your FICO® score

Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score. Continue to manage your credit as you currently are doing to maintain your very high FICO® score.

1. There are no negative reasons significantly affecting your FICO® Score.

Message Edited by psychic on 03-19-2008 02:49 AM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 55 of 474
marty56
Super Contributor

I got a Score watch alert today that my EQ went up 4 points due to a balance drop.  I pulled all my scores and was suprised that TU was still and 756 but the real suprise was my EX score 761!

I got that even with a 120 day late from BofA that will be 3 years old in August.

Look out other high FICO achievers, there goes the neighborhood.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 56 of 474
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

marty56--

Congratulations on your score increase!!!  We always appreciate seeing other FICO High Achievers participating in the forums.  Let's hope there will be more!!!

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 57 of 474
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

marty, welcome to the club! Oh, wait, I'm not in the club yet. Smiley Very Happy

Well, please hold a seat for me, then! Many congrats--you've done a lot of work, and I'm glad to see that you're getting the benefits.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 58 of 474
marty56
Super Contributor

Yes I will.  I think we should get FICO points for being aware of FICO and trying to imporve our scores.

I think I know how the Giants feel about winning the Superbowl but now having to deal with the pressure of next season were everyone wants a piece of them.  Especially New England.

I can see BofA saying No!!!!!!!!!!!! he cant be there,  he wasnt supposed to get here for another 4 years or ever.

Believe me, I am going to watch my FICO back more then ever.

Message Edited by marty56 on 03-23-2008 08:03 AM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 59 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

i bought my car in "02 and had it paid off in '04.  I get penalized for not having any installment loans.  I am not buying a car or house so my ficos will go up.
I can not get EQ to move up.
Message 60 of 474
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.