Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian 30D tradeline deleted - score change

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Experian 30D tradeline deleted - score change

Honestly don't know why, didn't dispute or try any other tricks.  Yesterday it was there, today it is not.

Ah well, late Christmas gift Smiley Happy.  Tradeline was closed, 30D late from 8 months ago, no recent updates so thinking it won't come back.  Yet another example of it's better to be lucky than good.

Lost the FICO 8 Classic reason codes so using the industry option ones as at least close, if you want reason codes from other scores LMK.

Factors from the FICO 8 industry options 12/26/18:

1) Missed payment

2) Recent missed payment

3) Short credit history

4) Short revolving credit history

Factors from the FICO 8 industry options 12/27/18:

1) Heavy revolving credit use (56% utilized tradeline unless the industry options care about my HELOC)

2) Short credit history

3) Short revolving credit history

4) Mortgage/non-mortgage installment loans too high

CFA, 3 inquiries (1 auto out of grace period, 2 CU from reindeer game attempted tests).  AOYA = 1 month.  Lost one month of AAOA, 4y 9m to 4y 8 months with the tradeline removal, advantage of a thick file. 

Also interesting to note I didn't have complaints about revolving utilization on the not quite clean scorecard, and it shot straight to #1 on the pretty scorecard above the short history ones which made the list previously... revolving utilization calcs, specifically individual tradeline utilization, potentially scorecard dependent?

Date12/26/1812/27/18
FICO 8746801
FICO 2722753
FICO 8 AU747808
FICO 2 AU700728
FICO 8 BC769829
FICO 3679724
FICO 2 BC726759

        
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian 30D tradeline deleted - score change

You should buy lottery tickets.
Message 2 of 10
thornback
Senior Contributor

WoW... That is one he11 of an entrance into the New Year!  Congratulations!  

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 10
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Honestly don't know why, didn't dispute or try any other tricks.  Yesterday it was there, today it is not. Tradeline was closed, 30D late from 8 months ago, no recent updates so thinking it won't come back. 

Lost the FICO 8 Classic reason codes so using the industry option ones as at least close, if you want reason codes from other scores LMK.

Factors from the FICO 8 industry options 12/26/18:

1) Missed payment

2) Recent missed payment

3) Short credit history

4) Short revolving credit history

Factors from the FICO 8 industry options 12/27/18:

1) Heavy revolving credit use (56% utilized tradeline unless the industry options care about my HELOC)

2) Short credit history

3) Short revolving credit history

4) Mortgage/non-mortgage installment loans too high

Also interesting to note I didn't have complaints about revolving utilization on the not quite clean scorecard, and it shot straight to #1 on the pretty scorecard above the short history ones which made the list previously... revolving utilization calcs, specifically individual tradeline utilization, potentially scorecard dependent?

Thanks for the data.

Yes, revolving utilization has greater signal strength (weighting) on clean scorecards.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the removal.  Hopefully it doesn't pop back up.  Who is the lender?

Message 5 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks for the data.

Yes, revolving utilization has greater signal strength (weighting) on clean scorecards.

If by signal strength we knew it counted for more point-wise; what I didn't expect was a rejiggering of the utilization reason code in that there are possibly different breakpoints.  That would explain discrepancies in findings over the years, just didn't have reason code data to back that up AFAIK.

I wonder if that's the same between bureaus, sadly I don't have the myFICO service anymore but I probably have enough free FICO 8 scores to see if something materially changes between this month and next month when that tradeline is paid down.  Be interesting to see what moves and what doesn't, clean scorecard FICO 8 will from the looks of it, not so sure on cleanish on EQ or derogatory on TU.

        
Message 6 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be weird if it got reinserted on a closed OC tradeline but stranger things have happened.  Still off as of this morning at least Smiley Happy.

JCB; that said I have absolutely no idea what triggered it, still on both EQ/TU from when I checked yesterday on CK but honestly if it stays off EX that's all that really matters for me as nearly everyone wants that bureau in my case.

        
Message 7 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be weird if it got reinserted on a closed OC tradeline but stranger things have happened.  Still off as of this morning at least Smiley Happy.

JCB; that said I have absolutely no idea what triggered it, still on both EQ/TU from when I checked yesterday on CK but honestly if it stays off EX that's all that really matters for me as nearly everyone wants that bureau in my case.

When was it scheduled to come off?

They deleted the tradline off all three CRA a few months ago. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That late was supposed to be deleted roughly April of 2025.

Actually when lates are excluded on an OC tradeline, in my experience the tradeline isn’t deleted on any bureau, just the reference to the late.

So really that account would have stayed on till 2028 roughly to be pedantic. I don’t know why it went away but it’s still gone, still happy Smiley Wink.

        
Message 9 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
That late was supposed to be deleted roughly April of 2025.

Actually when lates are excluded on an OC tradeline, in my experience the tradeline isn’t deleted on any bureau, just the reference to the late.

So really that account would have stayed on till 2028 roughly to be pedantic. I don’t know why it went away but it’s still gone, still happy Smiley Wink.

Maybe it has to do with the closing of US Operations.

I had a 30/60 day from Aug/Sep of 2012. I asked for an early deletion last June and they removed the whole tradeline. Lost 7 points. Ugh.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.