cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Boost Fico 8 score vs. AMEX Fico 8 score

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Visitor G77
New Visitor

Experian Boost Fico 8 score vs. AMEX Fico 8 score

Hello, on 11/23/19 I signed up for Experian Boost and my Fico 8 score on Experians website increased 39 points from 751 to 790. I have an AMEX Everday credit card that provides a monthly Fico 8 Score from Experian.  On 12/7/19 my Amex Fico 8 score updated and it was 751 and did not reflect the "Experian boosted" score of 790.  Then again on 1/7/20 my Amex Fico 8 score updated and it was still at 751 not including the "experian boost" increase.  

So my question is : Is the Experian Boost fico 8 score is a real world score the creditors will see when pulling your Fico 8 score from Experian, or is it just something I only see when I log into my Experian account and provides no real benefit?  

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Experian Boost Fico 8 score vs. AMEX Fico 8 score

Great question! I had the same thought...

Also, my boost never worked Smiley Sad do you think disconnecting and reconnecting would mess anything up?

12/2019

1/2/20

CC: CAP1PLAT $1,050| CHASE FU $3K | DISC CHR $2.5K = $6,550
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
New Visitor G77
New Visitor

It shouldn't mess anything up.  When I first tried it, I disconnected and reconnected with no issues.  It just removed the score boost when I disconnected and added it right back when I connected again.

But like my original question, not sure that the boost really did anything since the 2 Fico 8 scores AMEX posted since I did the boost did not include the boosted score.  

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Honestly I think it serves no real benefit other then artificially inflating your score. As you already found out, Amex and other lenders will not even see that score boost, or they will see it, but not count it.
Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting Scores:
EX 518
EQ 518
TU 521

Current FICO scores:
EX 587
EQ 567
TU 588
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Honestly I think it serves no real benefit other then artificially inflating your score. As you already found out, Amex and other lenders will not even see that score boost, or they will see it, but not count it.

This.  I think they see it, but can opt not to count it - being it's not universally implemented I can see lenders' use being discretionary.   Experian also has the following blurb on their Boost info site:

"Not all lenders use credit information impacted by Experian BoostTM"

Personal Aphorism:
"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"

Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 02/2020: EX 780 ✦ EQ 758 ✦ TU 781
Current FICO 9s | 02/2020: EX 793 ✦ EQ 780 ✦ TU 778
Highest FICO-8 Ever | 10/2018: 780 [on dirty report]

2020 Goal Score | 790s

My AAoA: 3.0 years not incl. AU / 3.3 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 7.0 years not incl. AU / 9.0 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/6 | 3/12 ✦ EQ 0/6 | 4/12 ✦ TU 0/6 | 1/12
Report Status: Clean

Tending my Garden til 6/2020

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think that’s pretty bad.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated DEC'19.

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AoYR-Age of Youngest Revolver (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/aged/new accounts, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just list whether you have any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AoYR and whether you have a loan on record.
For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment. please.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

@Birdman7 wrote:
I think that’s pretty bad.

Me too.

I was always curious about that since FICO 8 generally never took alternative tradeline data into it's calculations... they must have created an alternate algorithm to peddle, much like FICO did come to think of it, wonder if EX is selling one of FICO's non-traditional scores on that.

There are some lenders (I worked at one of them) who would absolutely switch to a Boost-enabled score, but Amex doesn't deal with the underbanked as a general rule.  

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.