cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Boost - Got me 9 free Fico8 Points...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Boost - Got me 9 free Fico8 Points...

So I decided to try it out.  Experian boost found 6 lines in my checking to use.  Most utils and netflix and disney plus...lol.  But with all that said and done, I got 9 points.  Not thrilled, but at least its something.  Try it out.  It was free.  Just passing my experience along.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian Boost - Got me 9 free Fico8 Points...

Keep in mind though that while Experian Boost may help contribute to giving you a feel-good moment lenders don't leverage it when making credit decisions.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Also gives them access to your banking information, I personally am not comfortable with that .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 6
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I decided to try it out.  Experian boost found 6 lines in my checking to use.  Most utils and netflix and disney plus...lol.  But with all that said and done, I got 9 points.  Not thrilled, but at least its something.  Try it out.  It was free.  Just passing my experience along.

I would argue it is far from "free", you've given them deep-dive access into your financial world for data-mining purposes, and I'm quite certain they use that data to make money.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 4 of 6
nwa479
Regular Contributor

I tried it a few months ago and then quickly removed it when I saw how fast they pulled information from my bank account.  Also it didnt add any points.  They also used the payments for the two accounts they found to adjust my debt to income ratio

I've also noticed other credit sites like credit karma and credit sesame are adding cash accounts which will help them mine your data.  

I agree this boost is going to be excluded by any company doing a credit inquiry. 

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As noted above, lenders will typically not consider your boosted score. Further, if you already have a healthy number of accounts, Experian boost usually adds no points and in my case it actually caused a point decrease on EX Fico 3, I believe. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.