Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian DP Fico 08 Last late payment fell off

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Experian DP Fico 08 Last late payment fell off

Just a DP.. My others two bureaus have been clean for a bit anywhere from 3-5 months now being TU/EQ.. Anyways there was a nasty 150+ day student loan that was lingering on my Experian and my 08 was sitting at 734 with two score able inquiries that will be older then a year end of July.  The late feel off that i noticed today and my 08 score went to 790.  Others being 09s in the 800+.  So gained 56 points from the 150 day finally being off and having a clean report.  AAOA 3+ years.  Maybe this will help someone?

I am out of purgatory finally and did my 7 years of hard work and alot of money repaid to creditors.  What a long journey to get all 3 CRAs clean!  Funny thing is I have every card i currently want/need and have had them for awhile even when i had tainted credit Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian DP Fico 08 Last late payment fell off

Congrats on going 3B clean!

What was the age of the 150 day?  I imagine it was very aged, maybe 5+ years old?  Usually we see a score gain more to the tune of 60-80 points from an aged major falling off, so your gain was a bit on the lighter end.  Glad to see you got rid of it though for sure.

Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on going 3B clean!

What was the age of the 150 day?  I imagine it was very aged, maybe 5+ years old?  Usually we see a score gain more to the tune of 60-80 points from an aged major falling off, so your gain was a bit on the lighter end.  Glad to see you got rid of it though for sure.

Age was very close to 7 years it was scheduled to fall off any day which it did finally..  Also youngest account was only 2 months as well forgot to add that as well as many accounts added this year as I have a very complex profile meaning alot of new opened cards and alot of closed cards etc.  All the other stuff 1% util, mortgage 1.5 years, newer lease (5 months).  Figure new lease is supressing my 08 score still although 09s arent feeling it near as much

Message 3 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting past Purgatory!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats CC. Next step 800's coming down the road.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy your new found clean credit! In my case it felt awfully good Smiley Happy Also, as another poster mentioned ... enjoy the Fico 08 800's!
Message 6 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all have crossed into the 800s on my other two already on and off, but will cement it in place sooner than later if i can stop applying for credit and as my lease on car starts to mature.  Really anything over 760 is kinda gravy imo as there seems to be a point where lenders are kinda scared to touch people in the higher 800's as they arent near as profitable usually..  Just my thoughts

Message 7 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats @CreditCuriosity 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.