Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian FICO 09 outlier. Thoughts?

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Experian FICO 09 outlier. Thoughts?

As you can see in my sig, my FICO 09 EX score is severely lagging both my EX 08 and my TU and EQ 09's.  EQ and EX have the exact same info, dates, balances on CO's etc.  TU is cleaning up month by month via EE but my FICO 09 is "nearly" unchanged while the TU 08 has risen 25 points. 

as of today

EX 08: 657

EX 09: 579

EQ 08: 652

EQ 09: 648

What might cause this extremely low EX 09 score?  Is it an EX thing?

Note:  In a couple months it should start drastically rising due to derogs falling off off EX.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian FICO 09 outlier. Thoughts?

Are you sure that all of those scores were drawn on the exact same profile data?

Do you have access to your TU8 and TU9 scores?

Message 2 of 6
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure that all of those scores were drawn on the exact same profile data?

Do you have access to your TU8 and TU9 scores?

Yes and yes.  Through MF and other sources.  My EX 09 score has not broken 600.  EX and EQ have the exact same info yet my EX 09 has severely lagged both TU and EQ.  MY TU is cleaning up faster than EQ and EX yet my TU 09 score also lags EQ.  Scores in my sig are from monthly 3B pull as of 10-21-2020. 

The only thing I can think of is that different bureaus treat my CO balances differently?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I saw some really weird data around EX FICO 9 with new inquiries / accounts in the derogatory scorecard I was in at the time.

Like literally 40 point drop (780 to 740) when none of my F8 or earlier scores did anything and the only thing I could figure out was inquiries or maybe account aging under six months.

None of the derogatory scorecards in the earlier models care about new accounts, like at all: they don't have the reason codes for it even and I have seen zero evidence of any inquiry aging on them and I have concrete evidence some of them do not have anything like that.  FICO 9 though I never really had good monitoring access to, but I know I saw wonky stuff during the snapshots I was taking for a different reason here.  Never did nail it down, but I'm willing to bet you are seeing something similar if you've recently been chasing credit.

        
Message 4 of 6
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

I saw some really weird data around EX FICO 9 with new inquiries / accounts in the derogatory scorecard I was in at the time.

Like literally 40 point drop (780 to 740) when none of my F8 or earlier scores did anything and the only thing I could figure out was inquiries or maybe account aging under six months.

None of the derogatory scorecards in the earlier models care about new accounts, like at all: they don't have the reason codes for it even and I have seen zero evidence of any inquiry aging on them and I have concrete evidence some of them do not have anything like that.  FICO 9 though I never really had good monitoring access to, but I know I saw wonky stuff during the snapshots I was taking for a different reason here.  Never did nail it down, but I'm willing to bet you are seeing something similar if you've recently been chasing credit.

I have no idea.  I have one INQ on EX since January and a total of 4.  No new accounts since December of last year aside from a new AU account via DW's $7.5k PenFed PCR last month.  It has always lagged though, and has since I started monitoring with MF monthly 3B's 3 years ago. 

This is all a moment in time as my EX will start cleaning up in Nov or Dec from EE and / or natural fall off dates.  I am due for a huge point rise in the next several months.   The DW had a jump start and fewer derogs and had her EX 09 jump 60 points with one small paid CO remaining.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Version 9 is weird, it seems like some of the things where you would normally expect a change in one direction, it goes the other.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.