Meanwhile just for S and G would you list the following:

Any derogatories?
AAoA
AoOA
AAoRA
AoORA
AoYRA
Number of accounts (Open and closed).

Neither I nor my DW have any  derogatories.

Me: (Ex  on 6/3/2020)  AAoA=8Y  9M, AoOA=AoORA=28Y 2M,  AAoRA=9Y  1M,  AoYRA=0Y 1M

30 open accounts, 6 closed accounts

DW:  (Ex on 7/7/2020) AAoA=8Y 10M,  AoOA=AoORa=28Y 3M,  AAoRA=8Y 10M,   AoYRA=0Y 2M

29 open accounts, 4 closed accounts

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Fico 2 drops with no change on report

That’s very weird. I would love to know what in the coding triggered the buffer. Some kind of bug or something? Unless the newer code wasn’t properly written to be backwards compatible, as I previously suggested.

Weird. I’ve read a lot of weird stuff, but I think that ranks near the top!
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matter fact I think I’m going to add this to the primer as an example of weird issues that can happen at times.

Matter fact, @Anonymous good job being deductive and sniffing out the apparent correlation and reasoning there!

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to add a few more details:

1.  In both cases the inquiry was for  a Wells Fargo Credit Card.  So maybe the weird score change is triggered by the way Wells Fargo reports inquiries.
  2.  In both cases Ex Fico 3 and all three version of Ex Fico 8 (F8,F8A, F8B) remained unchanged.  So this seems to rule out the possibilty  that Wells Fargo accidently reported the inquiries as mortage inquiries.
  3. In both cases all three versions of Ex Fico 2 changed.  F2 and F2B dropped by 5 points. My F2A dropped by 4 points  and DW's  F2A dropped by 3 points.
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just want to add a few more details:

1.  In both cases the inquiry was for  a Wells Fargo Credit Card.  So maybe the weird score change is triggered by the way Wells Fargo reports inquiries.
  2.  In both cases Ex Fico 3 and all three version of Ex Fico 8 (F8,F8A, F8B) remained unchanged.  So this seems to rule out the possibilty  that Wells Fargo accidently reported the inquiries as mortage inquiries.
  3. In both cases all three versions of Ex Fico 2 changed.  F2 and F2B dropped by 5 points. My F2A dropped by 4 points  and DW's  F2A dropped by 3 points.

@AnonymousKeep in mind the inquiry may have been binned in Versions 8 and 3. Nothing says the bins fall on the same thresholds across versions, so we can't necessarily rule out coding as a mortgage inquiry based on that alone. Very interesting both were at WF.

Just weird because you said it displayed bank CC, but, now that I think about it, we're guilty of relying on the frontend for data interpretation. Can you pull your ACR reports (free weekly til '2021 due to corona) and see how its coded there? The bureaus give varying levels of specificity, but ACR is the closest we can get to the raw data.

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:  Keep in mind the inquiry may have been binned in Versions 8 and 3. Nothing says the bins fall on the same thresholds across versions, so we can't necessarily rule out coding as a mortgage inquiry based on that alone. Very interesting both were at WF.

But on 6/6 (the day of the inquiry) my  DW's   Ex Fico 8 and Fico 3  lost a   few points:

6/5     6/6

F8        800     797

F8A      781    776

F8B      803     807

F3         746    739

F2         772    772

F2A      712    712

F2B      743    743

There were two changes on the  CR:

1.  one credit card balance changed from $300 to $0. 
  2. The Wells Fargo  inquiry was added on 6/6.

The loss  of points on Fico 8 and Fico 3 must have been due the  inquiry.  ( The reason code "Accounts with Balance" disappeared from F8B, causing F8B to  go up).  So neither F8 nor F3 considered the inquiry   to be a mortgage inquiry.

Birdman7 wrote:

Just weird because you said it displayed bank CC, but, now that I think about it, we're guilty of relying on the frontend for data interpretation. Can you pull your ACR reports (free weekly til '2021 due to corona) and see how its coded there? The bureaus give varying levels of specificity, but ACR is the closest we can get to the raw data.

You are right, my ACR report does NOT specify what kind of inquiry it is:

WF CRD SVC
Inquired on 05/03/2020

(address)

Unspecified. This inquiry is scheduled
to continue on record until Jun 2022.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it looks like versions 8 and 3 charged for the unspecified inquiry and assessed the points immediately, while version 2 for some reason recognised it as a mortgage inquiry, it appears. And then you get the leap year throwing it off a day.

That’s the only thing I can theorize.

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous So here’s one for you. I took an inquiry recently for a PC at a CU. Guess what?

Same day I lost on EX2, maybe the next; but lost nothing on version 8. I figured it was binned. 30 days later I lost on version 8 with nothing else going on. But I must admit there’s something screwy about that CU, because last time the inquiry didn’t even show on my 3B, but it showed on Experian’s interface! It is showing up this time, coincidentally.

I can’t remember whether it cost me any points last time on version 8, I’d have to go back and look.

I actually went through customer service and everything and they basically stated that there was something funny about the coding and that’s why it wouldn’t come over on my 3B.

Moral of the story: some inquiries that are coded funny do have unpredictable effects.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I just wanted to make one note. You said on the same day the balance of one card went to $0. It is possible she could've gained points for that.  So that's another factor we have to keep in mind. 

Edit: how many revolvers does she have? And how many was she going from with a balance to how many with a balance?

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You said on the same day the balance of one card went to $0. It is possible she could've gained points for that.  So that's another factor we have to keep in mind. 

She did  gain points for that on F8B. She might also have gained points  on the others (but I doubt it). But  whether she did  or not, she lost points for the inquiry  on F8,F8A   and F3 on 6/6 and on  F2,F2A and  F2B on 7/7. So our conclusion that F2 views the inquiry as a mortgage inquiry,  but F3 and F8 do not,  seems to be  valid.

Anyway, I actually just started  an experiment on how Ex Fico reacts to the number of accounts with a balance. Since I have 30 revolvers I should be able to exactly pinpoint the percentages at which one gains/losses  points.   So far I only made  one interesting observation: On 7/3 I gained points on F8B and F3 but not on any of the others.  On that day the number of revolvers with  balance dropped below 50% if one does not count my HELOC, but was already under 50% if one counts the HELOC.  In  a month or so I will start a new thread reporting all the details  and results of my experiment.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.