Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

@Anonymous 

When did I say that it was due to consumer finance accounts? My memory may be faulty. That would be a minor ding in my opinion well less than 10.

@tooleman694 

Can you provide the same screen shot of 15th when the score was at 701?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 31 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hey, please see the attached changes (nothing) but it mentions CFA.  I don't have any CFA Accounts.  

1.15 Experian No Consumer Finance Comment.JPG1.16 Experian Consumer Finance Comment.JPG1.16 Experian Snap Shot.JPG1.15 Experian Snapshot.JPG1.16 Experian Snap Shot.JPG

@Anonymous that's pretty wild, are you sure you don't have a CFA? Can you list the loans on your record, open and closed?

But, just may be a glitch it wouldn't be the first time

Message 32 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous  I have 3 closed accounts

CFA

opened 12-18        closed 2-19

3-19                      9-19

10-19                     7-20

Nothing after 7-2020

@Iusedtolurk so you have CFA s, but why wasn't the negative Reason code for it showing on the 15th? that's what bothers me.

Did you previously have the code? I could see if you had 4 codes but when you only had 3 codes, that should've shown up as the 4th, I would think. 

@AnonymousUpon closer scrutiny I had collection reason codes on the 17th of nov and when they dropped on the 18th of nov (+44 points) I had 3 reason codes all the way up to when Ex included CFA as a 4th reason code.  (-11 points)

experian-1-16-drop-compare-collection.JPG

@Iusedtolurk that is some real crazy stuff. Can you tell me did anything else happen on that date when the code dropped? Did any account age off? Anything? 🤔

Nothing else happened on that date but the thing about that particular collection is it was shown in EX  "Other Accounts" as "Closed" but it also updated each month when a payment was made (as LATE) because it was not actually "Closed" and probably should have been listed under "Collections".  I just never fooled with it didn't want to make a bigger mess or something with it by disputing it.

@Iusedtolurk pretty wild, that may or may not have something to do with it

Message 33 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndySoCal wrote:

@Anonymous 

Where did I say it was because of consumer finance accounts? Consumer finance accounts may cost a point or two not sure but not

CFAs are worth a lot more than 1 or 2 pts, atleast IMO/IME. I had mine age off (10 years post close) a month or so ago and saw around +20 pts give or take on EQ5s depending on scorecard and my SO had his age off (10 years post close) around the same time as mine and saw upwards of +39 pts on EQ5s, depending on which.

Took way over a decade to find out who the culprit was!

Message 34 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

CFA

Nothing after 7-2020

@Iusedtolurk so you have CFA s, but why wasn't the negative Reason code for it showing on the 15th? that's what bothers me.

Did you previously have the code? I could see if you had 4 codes but when you only had 3 codes, that should've shown up as the 4th, I would think. 

@AnonymousUpon closer scrutiny I had collection reason codes on the 17th of nov and when they dropped on the 18th of nov (+44 points) I had 3 reason codes all the way up to when Ex included CFA as a 4th reason code.  (-11 points)

experian-1-16-drop-compare-collection.JPG

@Iusedtolurk that is some real crazy stuff. Can you tell me did anything else happen on that date when the code dropped? Did any account age off? Anything? 🤔

Nothing else happened on that date but the thing about that particular collection is it was shown in EX  "Other Accounts" as "Closed" but it also updated each month when a payment was made (as LATE) because it was not actually "Closed" and probably should have been listed under "Collections".  I just never fooled with it didn't want to make a bigger mess or something with it by disputing it.

@Iusedtolurk pretty wild, that may or may not have something to do with it

Dont forget student loans may be CFAs. Mine and my SO's CFAs were SLs.

I wonder if a certain lender has re-coded their product(s) as a CFA? It seems like a lot of people all around the same time had score drops? I wonder if several people got this reason code added? Maybe a glitch?

Message 35 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

CFA

Nothing after 7-2020

You are certain these are CFAs? Not to doubt you at all, they can just be tricky little things since it is behind the scenes. Is it Affirm or something?

Message 36 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that’s funny I was just about to mention your recent findings.
Message 37 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  I'm positive!! I hope calling them will help. Not sure what to do at this point.

Message 38 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iusedtolurk Those late payments are from 5 years ago (co-signed on a car). Nothing else happened. Its just weird. How can I fix it

if it is a glitch.

Message 39 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iusedtolurk @Anonymous  Those student loans havent changed. I'm telling you; both reports are identical other than this score.

Message 40 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.