Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

@Anonymous I'm positive, all of the Affirm accounts have been paid and closed for a while at least over 8 months.

Message 41 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it could be a glitch as has been reported before and then typically a few days later it corrected itself in one instance, a little longer in the other.
Message 42 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone experiencing this craziness please keep us posted.
Message 43 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

After spending a ton of time, looking back and forth I think I found it. And yes it has to be a glitch or something.

So on Jan 15th my Avant loan showed a balance of 1,504 on a 3600 loan at 58 percent, Jan 16th is shows 1,386 at 61 percent. Looks to me they got the percent wrong, and going from 58 to 61 on the loan cost me the 11 points. wow.........

Message 44 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that your only open loan?

Message 45 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Nope I have 2 auto loans and 2 student loans.

Message 46 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tooleman694 wrote:

After spending a ton of time, looking back and forth I think I found it. And yes it has to be a glitch or something.

So on Jan 15th my Avant loan showed a balance of 1,504 on a 3600 loan at 58 percent, Jan 16th is shows 1,386 at 61 percent. Looks to me they got the percent wrong, and going from 58 to 61 on the loan cost me the 11 points. wow.........

@tooleman694 congratulations that would be it! What was your aggregate loan utilization change?

Message 47 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I am not sure, id have to do the math, but since my student loans are still upside down and I just did a car refi. I bet I am in the 90s.

Message 48 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Mortgage EX score up 19 point this morning, only change was one card reporting lower balance bringing my total util from 49 to 48. The weird thing was my EX Fico 8 score didn't change. Seems like a huge jump for just changing a util tier.

Message 49 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Also looks like I had an INQ become unscorable too.

WEBBANK/DFS
All Banks - non specific
Inquiry date: Jan 20, 2020
Removal date: Feb 2022

So util from 49 to 48 and lost a scorable INQ. 19 points.
Message 50 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.