Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

The negative reason codes quite clearly point to the CFA data being "seen" on the 16th report but not on the 14th report.  Are these old accounts or new accounts?

Message 71 of 142
UpAndComing74
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The negative reason codes quite clearly point to the CFA data being "seen" on the 16th report but not on the 14th report.  Are these old accounts or new accounts?

Oh my! of the 18 closed Affirm accounts.  some were closed in 2017,2018,2019.  The 2 open ones were opened 04/2020 and 09/2020.  So they should have been seen long ago.  Not all of a sudden unless like aforemention they all of a sudden began to "identify" as CFA.  

Starting Score: 614
Current Score: 614
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 72 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

The code may have been at number five on the 14th. Have you ever had less than four codes since having one of those?
Message 73 of 142
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@UpAndComing74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh my! of the 18 closed Affirm accounts.  some were closed in 2017,2018,2019.  The 2 open ones were opened 04/2020 and 09/2020.  So they should have been seen long ago.  Not all of a sudden unless like aforemention they all of a sudden began to "identify" as CFA.  

They were always classified as CFA. The reason code was just buried beneath other factors that have a larger impact on your scores. 

Message 74 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

They were always classified as CFA. The reason code was just buried beneath other factors that have a larger impact on your scores. 

That would then mean that between his pull on the 14th and his pull on the 16th, whatever was causing the "bad payment history" reason code to be present would have had to go away.  Also accounts with balances would have had to drop for that to vanish from the list as well.

Message 75 of 142
UpAndComing74
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The code may have been at number five on the 14th. Have you ever had less than four codes since having one of those?

I have always had 4 codes on my reports.

Message 76 of 142
UpAndComing74
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

That would then mean that between his pull on the 14th and his pull on the 16th, whatever was causing the "bad payment history" reason code to be present would have had to go away.  Also accounts with balances would have had to drop for that to vanish from the list as well.

I REALLYYY wish I could isolate it to bad payment being removed. But the only bad payment I have is a 30 day from 12/2017.  Nothing changed between those 2 days.  Interestengly, the CFA reason moved from bottom to top on Auto and also appeared on Bankcard 2.  Something with the CFA thats sabatoging things it seems.
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.17.17 PM.pngI Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.16.27 PM.png

Message 77 of 142
UpAndComing74
Regular Contributor

I found this...  Surely AFFIRM ageing a year didnt cause CFA to appear!

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.49.09 PM.png

Message 78 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpAndComing74 wrote:

I found this...  Surely AFFIRM ageing a year didnt cause CFA to appear!

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.49.09 PM.png

@UpAndComing74 no, CFA has been there all along imo, it just hasn't been important enough to reach the top four.

Message 79 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous not necessarily, CFA could've became more important for some reason. And now that he's bringing up the date it was opened and it coincides, that's a little much to overlook.

@UpAndComing74 What is the age of your youngest Revolver? What's the age of your youngest Account? Do you know your average age of loan accounts?

Message 80 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.