cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

Yup something weird is going on.

Message 11 of 142
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

I was starting to think this was going to be a universal problem, and had to check!

 

My EX2 has been stable ever since the final card updated for January: 739 with same reason statements.

 

ex2-01_16_2021.png

 

ex2-01_17_2021.png

Message 12 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

Can you check jan 15th.


@CassieCard wrote:

I was starting to think this was going to be a universal problem, and had to check!

 

My EX2 has been stable ever since the final card updated for January: 739 with same reason statements.

 

ex2-01_16_2021.png

 

ex2-01_17_2021.png


 

Message 13 of 142
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason


@tooleman694 wrote:

Can you check jan 15th.




My EX2 went up +5 points when the last card to close (AMEX) finally updated at Experian on the 14th (to 739, that I posted above, same 739 from 14th through today):

 

This is what it was on January 12th:

 

ex2-01_12_2021.png

Message 14 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

I just looked at my Wifes from Jan 16th, but can't tell much because her last pull was on Dec 16th. But she is up 15 points because of a deleted collection.

Message 15 of 142
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

There have been instances where balance changes or other changes have hit a report, but not been available for viewing on the interface until a day or two later. So it could be pulling the score from an active dataset whereas the one we're viewing in the CMS has not yet been updated. If there's no other answer. 


but usually somebody misses something. But then again there was one instance where EX was simply tripping for a little while, so that could be happening again, too. 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 16 of 142
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason


@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@tooleman694 wrote:

I had the same issue, I checked my EX mortgage score this morning and I had an 11 point drop. I can't figure it out either. Meanwhile my EQ and TU are doing fine.

 

Last month my EX dropped 19 points, I figured it was from our morgage INQ that finally became scorable. Then the first of Jan I recovered 6 points. Then bam this morning 11 points gone. It is ticking me off. Good news for me though, my EQ and TU are still high enough to get a mortgage. I just paid off some of my cards to get under 50 percent util, hopefully that will shake up my stupid EX score.


WELL...I was just about to make a post about my Mortgage scores dropping out of the blue when I have not done anything negative.  I was about to make the post in the general section but thought it would go better in the Fico scoring section.

 

Lo and behold I saw this post.

 

Short and sweet.............I was checking my 28 fico scores today due to them updating from last month and expected some point gains.

 

Compared to this time last month major changes were:

12 accounts with balances

10 now

 

38% aggregate util

27% now

 

To my disappointing surprise I saw my EX mortgage score had dropped 11 points (auto 2 and bankcard 2 dropped points also).

 

So I looked at my EX I can track day to day changes and saw the drop occured on Jan 16. On Jan 15 it was +11 points higher.

 

But reports for the 2 days show no changes. They are identical and the rest of the Fico scores are the same for those 2 days.

 

****Also anyone have any insight when the "Length of time.......established" reason code is no longer applicable.

extra-credit-1-16-20-drop-ex.JPGextra-credit-1-16-20-drop.JPG


@Iusedtolurk Do you have the negative Reason Codes for EX2 on the 15th and the 16th?

 

The length of time accounts established has two triggers: average age of accounts and age of oldest account. Likewise, the revolver one uses average and oldest as well. 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 17 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

It is just strange that it has happened to a couple of people. And it looks like it was the 16th it happened. I will keep watching mine. I am about to get a total util tier drop any day now. Lets see what that does to my EX mortgage score.

Message 18 of 142
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason


@Birdman7 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@tooleman694 wrote:

I had the same issue, I checked my EX mortgage score this morning and I had an 11 point drop. I can't figure it out either. Meanwhile my EQ and TU are doing fine.

 

Last month my EX dropped 19 points, I figured it was from our morgage INQ that finally became scorable. Then the first of Jan I recovered 6 points. Then bam this morning 11 points gone. It is ticking me off. Good news for me though, my EQ and TU are still high enough to get a mortgage. I just paid off some of my cards to get under 50 percent util, hopefully that will shake up my stupid EX score.


WELL...I was just about to make a post about my Mortgage scores dropping out of the blue when I have not done anything negative.  I was about to make the post in the general section but thought it would go better in the Fico scoring section.

 

Lo and behold I saw this post.

 

Short and sweet.............I was checking my 28 fico scores today due to them updating from last month and expected some point gains.

 

Compared to this time last month major changes were:

12 accounts with balances

10 now

 

38% aggregate util

27% now

 

To my disappointing surprise I saw my EX mortgage score had dropped 11 points (auto 2 and bankcard 2 dropped points also).

 

So I looked at my EX I can track day to day changes and saw the drop occured on Jan 16. On Jan 15 it was +11 points higher.

 

But reports for the 2 days show no changes. They are identical and the rest of the Fico scores are the same for those 2 days.

 

****Also anyone have any insight when the "Length of time.......established" reason code is no longer applicable.

extra-credit-1-16-20-drop-ex.JPGextra-credit-1-16-20-drop.JPG


@Iusedtolurk Do you have the negative Reason Codes for EX2 on the 15th and the 16th?

 

The length of time accounts established has two triggers: average age of accounts and age of oldest account. Likewise, the revolver one uses average and oldest as well. 


@Birdman7Just noticed the reason code difference from the 15th and 16th is the inclusion of the CFA reason code.

experian-1-16-drop-compare.JPG

Concerning the age measure how many years would probably eliminate that reason code?

Message 19 of 142
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason


@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@tooleman694 wrote:

I had the same issue, I checked my EX mortgage score this morning and I had an 11 point drop. I can't figure it out either. Meanwhile my EQ and TU are doing fine.

 

Last month my EX dropped 19 points, I figured it was from our morgage INQ that finally became scorable. Then the first of Jan I recovered 6 points. Then bam this morning 11 points gone. It is ticking me off. Good news for me though, my EQ and TU are still high enough to get a mortgage. I just paid off some of my cards to get under 50 percent util, hopefully that will shake up my stupid EX score.


WELL...I was just about to make a post about my Mortgage scores dropping out of the blue when I have not done anything negative.  I was about to make the post in the general section but thought it would go better in the Fico scoring section.

 

Lo and behold I saw this post.

 

Short and sweet.............I was checking my 28 fico scores today due to them updating from last month and expected some point gains.

 

Compared to this time last month major changes were:

12 accounts with balances

10 now

 

38% aggregate util

27% now

 

To my disappointing surprise I saw my EX mortgage score had dropped 11 points (auto 2 and bankcard 2 dropped points also).

 

So I looked at my EX I can track day to day changes and saw the drop occured on Jan 16. On Jan 15 it was +11 points higher.

 

But reports for the 2 days show no changes. They are identical and the rest of the Fico scores are the same for those 2 days.

 

****Also anyone have any insight when the "Length of time.......established" reason code is no longer applicable.

extra-credit-1-16-20-drop-ex.JPGextra-credit-1-16-20-drop.JPG


@Iusedtolurk Do you have the negative Reason Codes for EX2 on the 15th and the 16th?

 

The length of time accounts established has two triggers: average age of accounts and age of oldest account. Likewise, the revolver one uses average and oldest as well. 


@Birdman7Just noticed the reason code difference from the 15th and 16th is the inclusion of the CFA reason code.

experian-1-16-drop-compare.JPG

Concerning the age measure how many years would probably eliminate that reason code?


@Iusedtolurk now we are cooking. Well that code is going to be there as long as the CFA is on the record and you don't have other codes push it down. The good news is it probably has less affect over time since everything else does.

 

There's no way to know but it seems like two years is when they seem to count negatives against you less, but I have no evidence on which to base that for CFAs, I'm just throwing that out there, so don't rely on that.

 

now why is that code showing on the 16th but not the 15th? Did you get a new loan? Because this is reminiscent of a code popping up one day with a score change with nothing changing on the credit report, and then a few days later it reversing. I remember a glitch like that. I think it was @SouthJamaica , but I'm not gonna swear to it. 

if you don't have any new loans, you do have a CFA, it's just now appearing, and before you only had three codes, that would seem to indicate scorecard change. How old is the CFA?

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 20 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.