$7,806
Credit limit
$16,180

As of this morning it is 
Credit used 
$7,008
Credit limit
$16,180

I saw no change in any of the scores. However I did get alerted by myfico, my TU 8 jumped 6 points and my EQ 8 jumped 3.

I am probably going to burn 50 bucks on Feb 1st and pull a 3B to see what it did to my mortgage scores. I really would like to be at 680 before my broker pulls us in March. My last 3B pull for mortgage scores on the 14th I was at.

EQ 671 TU 667 EX 638

After the ups and downs on my EX, it is currenly sitting at 650. Hopefully I can sqeeze 9 on EQ and 13 on TU.

@tooleman694 looks like utilization went from 49% to 48% to 43%. 

you said you saw no score change and then you said you saw a six and three point change? Please clarify. Yes I hope you're able to reach your goal score as well!

BTW, you should've gotten your points back if any for that inquiry on the 20th. 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 61 of 142
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: Experian Mortgage Score DROPPED for now reason

@Seabus wrote:

I may have a similar problem.  I have been monitoring my reports almost daily for four months now and in that period have reduced revolving debt from 72% to 45%.  My score has progressively increased every month then bam FICO-2 dropped on Experian 28 points in one day (1/20 - 1/21).  No new accounts, credit inquiries, late payments or debt. FICO-8 stayed the same at 716 but FICO-2 dropped to 641.   The only thing I can think of is that I had a dispute statement removed from my account, but I thought that does not impact my score.  I called Experian and MyFiCO but no one could explain it.  They kept referring to a late payment from a few years ago but that is not new and has not changed on my report.  I am at loss and upset about this. I have been working so hard at this and it has been satisfying seeing the gradual improvements until now.

@Seabus it depends on what the dispute was. Sometimes when you have an active dispute it can cause that account not to be calculated in the metrics.

once a late ages to a certain point, there is a Scorecard reassignment, how long ago were the lates?

or who knows it could be a glitch. 

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 62 of 142
Birdman7
Super Contributor

@Seabus wrote:

@AndySoCalthanks for the response.  The 2 disputes actually closed three months ago.  What changed was that I had the Customer Comment removed that from the disputes that stated "Dispute resolved – consumer disagrees".  I went through the reports for a 3rd time an nothing else changed.

@Seabus if the dispute closed three months ago, it shouldn't be having an effect now. I'm not aware of DPs reflecting a score change for having the customer comment removed you reference. 

RIP:

Message 63 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

When my util went from 49 to 48 I got a 19 points on my EX Mortgage, but my Fico 8 did not change.

Message 64 of 142
Birdman7
Super Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

When my util went from 49 to 48 I got a 19 points on my EX Mortgage, but my Fico 8 did not change.

@tooleman694 Can you verify the utilization out to 2 decimal points? because if it was 49.5% or higher to begin with, that could make sense.

RIP:

Message 65 of 142
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@Seabus 

Can you post the Experian score factors / Score reasons from the credit report before the score dropped and one from after the score dropped please? There should be up to 4 of them.

FICO 8 EX 794 TU 794 EF 805
Discover IT Opened 9/1990 CL 19,000, JC Penney Opened 10/2008 CL 4700, US Bank Cash Plus Opened 8/2010 CL 12000, Citibank Double Cash Opened 5/2015 CL 11,100, Chase Freedom Flex Opened 09/2020 CL 10,500
Message 66 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I picked up another 9 point this morning on my EX mortgage score, bringing me to 659. Not to bad since I was at 627 on Jan 16th. I had a couple cards report bringing total util to 40 percent. Those 2 cards each had a util change themselves. The weird thing is that my EX Fico 8 still no change thru all of this....... Well anyways my EX mortgage score is 21 points below my 680 goal. I am going to burn 50 and get a 3b Feb first, hopefully my EQ and TU saw this kind of change and if they did I will be well above 680 on those. My last 3b on Jan 14 with over 50 percent util I was EQ 671 and TU 667.

Message 67 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Well I said screw it and I pulled my 3B.

EQ 671 grrrrrrr WHY??  TU 679 YES!! EX 659

I got a nice increase on my TU, one point shy. But EQ didn't move....... Even after going from 50 util to 40. WOW.........

Message 68 of 142
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 6.32.18 AM.png

Message 69 of 142
UpAndComing74
Regular Contributor

@LaHossBoss @BrutalBodyShots 

Hello.   Same thing happened to me. NO CHANGES. Except the CFA reason cropped up and I have 3 mortgage INQ.  Remember i was waiting until my 4 year discharge.  (I got my 700) but cannot explain the drop.  One report is 01/14 and the drop is 01/16.

Is AFFIRM the devil???  I have 20 lines of Affirm with 2 open.  I used it to build not knowing it can backfire.  Any benefit to bringing the 2 open ones to 0?

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 3.26.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-26 at 3.23.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-26 at 3.23.12 PM.png

Starting Score: 614
Current Score: 614
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 70 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.