Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian - MyFICO Alerts but no change in Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian - MyFICO Alerts but no change in Score

I have a myFICO membership since 12/5/2018, and I get alerts you are all familiar with. 

On 12/14/2018, Experian gave me +9 points when the balance on one account went down by $126 (from 48% to 47%).  

Since 12/14/2018, I have gotten alerts that Experian has received notifications from the CCC that 5 other balances have decreased by more significant amounts.  And yet, Experian has not given me a score boost at all since in almost a month now.  Is this an issue of the myFICO alerts?  Or an issue with Experian not budging more points? 

I tried to call Experian to ask, but I just cannot get a live person.  All I get is a "for instructions on how to prevent fraud..." message. I don't know if they have blocked me or I just can't figure out how to get an actual agent.

These are the 5 balance changes with the alert date

From 23% to 22% - 12/20/18

From 10% to 0% - 12/24/18

From 33% to 23% - 12/28/18

From 43% to 27% - 1/1/2018

From 47% to 26% - 1/5/2018

Overall CU: From 20% to 15%

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian - MyFICO Alerts but no change in Score

FICO isn't going to update your score every second unless you pay for it. Did I answer your questions? 

Message 2 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Depending on your scorecard there may be no score changes with any of those utilization changes.

Alerts are triggered by various things, balance changes being one of the primary ones; however, unless you cross a breakpoint in revolving utilization metrics, your score will stay flat with the exception of aging factors as a general rule when it comes to credit card balance changes.

        
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have other cards with balances?

Your aggregate UTI did not cross over thresholds, individual UTI depends on if you have other cards with UTI greater than 28.9%.

Message 4 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a myFICO membership since 12/5/2018, and I get alerts you are all familiar with. 

On 12/14/2018, Experian gave me +9 points when the balance on one account went down by $126 (from 48% to 47%).  

Since 12/14/2018, I have gotten alerts that Experian has received notifications from the CCC that 5 other balances have decreased by more significant amounts.  And yet, Experian has not given me a score boost at all since in almost a month now.  Is this an issue of the myFICO alerts?  Or an issue with Experian not budging more points? 

I tried to call Experian to ask, but I just cannot get a live person.  All I get is a "for instructions on how to prevent fraud..." message. I don't know if they have blocked me or I just can't figure out how to get an actual agent.

These are the 5 balance changes with the alert date

From 23% to 22% - 12/20/18

From 10% to 0% - 12/24/18

From 33% to 23% - 12/28/18

From 43% to 27% - 1/1/2018

From 47% to 26% - 1/5/2018

Overall CU: From 20% to 15%

Any suggestions?

MyFICO alerts don't provide reasons for a score change. There are certain events which trigger MyFICO alerts.
If there happens to be any difference between your present score at that particular bureau and the previous score reported to you from that bureau, the score change is tacked on to the alert. There is not necessarily any connection at all between the score change and the alert substance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

As  

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Revelate!

Pardon my lack of knowledge.  When you say scorecard, are you referring to my "credit report" (i.e. credit file) with each bureau?

The 5 accounts were revolving accounts: credit cards.  The size of the payments was nearly $5,000 - although I am sure the $$ don't matter as much as the %. 

However, I thought going under 30% utilization individually was as important as well as having an overall utilization under 30%. 

Perhaps I was wrong, and the explanation to the lack of score change is that the overall utilization didn't cross a breakpoint since it only went from 20% to 15%.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SouthJamaica!

I see now.  I had correlated the alerts to score changes. 

So, technically, my Experian score may be better now (last I heard from them was 1/5/19), but no alert has been triggered since then and therefore, I don't know about it.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Oldman87 -

Those were my only 5 revolving accounts with balances.  I paid one off, so now I have 4 - all under 27% utilization.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, technically, my Experian score may be better now (last I heard from them was 1/5/19), but no alert has been triggered since then and therefore, I don't know about it.

Prob not

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.