cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Scores Vary Widely Within A Few Days

tag
Drunkcaballo

Experian Scores Vary Widely Within A Few Days

Im purchasing a new house...hopefully closing today...might be tomorrow...

I refied my car through my local credit union on the 27th and my Experian Score was 768. A few days later I get a disclosure from my lender on the second mortgage (Im doing an 80/10 loan)....and my Experian Score there is 818. Both of these scores should have been pulled within the same week. My Equifax score from scorewatch has been sitting around 796 for the past few weeks...

Anybody else seen a score swing like this? Any ideas? My debt mix hasnt really changed within that week (if anything I would have expected it to drop a few points from the extra query).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experian Scores Vary Widely Within A Few Days

@Drunkcaballo wrote:

Im purchasing a new house...hopefully closing today...might be tomorrow...

I refied my car through my local credit union on the 27th and my Experian Score was 768. A few days later I get a disclosure from my lender on the second mortgage (Im doing an 80/10 loan)....and my Experian Score there is 818. Both of these scores should have been pulled within the same week. My Equifax score from scorewatch has been sitting around 796 for the past few weeks...

Anybody else seen a score swing like this? Any ideas? My debt mix hasnt really changed within that week (if anything I would have expected it to drop a few points from the extra query).

Has the refi hit your cr? Does it show a paid off loan and a new loan?

Message 2 of 5
Involver
Valued Contributor

Auto-enhanced vs Experian/Fair Isaac Risk Model v2 ?

Message 3 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

There's more than one EX variant out there, and I'd suggest checking to see if the scores are using the same model.

Also, your score can jump around from day to day, sometimes in a major way, depending on what new information is being reported.

Message 4 of 5
Drunkcaballo

Thanks for the replies. I was able to double check the dates and they were both pulled within 1 day of eachother. I dont think the refi has hit any of my credit reports yet (and not within that time period). I also would expect that if they did it would have caused my scores to go down (older account closed, and new account with same balance shows up), but im going the other way. It has to be two different Ex models being used...I guess I am just surprised that they could be that different. 

I dont think either pull says what model is being used. 

So far as I know my credit scores are somewhere between 742-818 between all 3 agencies. Small range Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.