cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Moderator Emeritus

Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0

Unfortunately I'm entering back into the territory where I don't get reason codes for FICO 8 on Experian.

 

Looking at the FICO 8 AU score, High Credit Usage went from #1 to off the table completely; got replaced at #4 with my CFA that's on Experian and Equifax.  

 

One oddity in all this, and may be moot as I don't know anyone that uses it but it's interesting as a FICO 04 model anyway... notice that FICO 3 didn't budget at all: no change in score, no change in reason codes.  Something is very different in the handling of that score, potentially with that new account scorecard I appear to clearly be in on that model (since it's #1 on the reason codes).  It's also unequivocally clear that my HELOC is being discounted for all revolving utilization calculations under FICO 8 as it's still complaining about it on all the older models, and I'm back up to near record score on FICO 8 from when my utilization was spotless, and that's with a new account and 3 inquiries.  Maybe if I hadn't tried to play reindeer games I would've gotten even above my record, who knows.

 

Also that's a pretty big swing on a clean scorecard for FICO 2 which is a mortgage score, just for that one account when there's there's that 99% utilized HELOC still hanging out there and counting against those scores.

 

Individual change: 12780/22000 -> 0/22000

FICO 8 aggregate change: 8.69% -> 1.66%

FICO 2/3 aggregate change: 20.51% -> 14.40%

 

No changes in the reason codes for number of accounts with balances on the FICO 2/3 models either, I think this is clean but I don't know what the exact breakpoints are on these models: I'm well under the count for FICO 8 revolvers (2/15) so that at least is a clean datapoint.

 

Anyway score changes:

 

Date12/30/1812/31/18
FICO 8801822
FICO 2753760
FICO 8 AU808832
FICO 2 AU728752
FICO 8 BC829852
FICO 3724724
FICO 2 BC759770

 

 

 Oi vey, yesterday was my 7 year anniversary on this forum; apparently I'm now in BK territory in terms of hanging around Smiley Happy




        
8 REPLIES 8
Super Contributor

Re: Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0


@Revelate wrote:

Unfortunately I'm entering back into the territory where I don't get reason codes for FICO 8 on Experian.



That can also be seen as a good problem to have, though Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 9
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0


@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Unfortunately I'm entering back into the territory where I don't get reason codes for FICO 8 on Experian.



That can also be seen as a good problem to have, though Smiley Wink


Laugh true, but it does make this sort of analysis much harder and unfortunately less concrete.




        
Message 3 of 9
Established Contributor

Re: Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0


@Revelate wrote:

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Unfortunately I'm entering back into the territory where I don't get reason codes for FICO 8 on Experian.



That can also be seen as a good problem to have, though Smiley Wink


Laugh true, but it does make this sort of analysis much harder and unfortunately less concrete.


Heh. "Unfortunately".

 

 

Don't forget, Amex displays reason codes (well, the top two, at least), all the way up to 849 for EX FICO 8 on their score summary page. 

 

(They do hide the reason codes at exactly 850...)

 

 

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:850 TU9:850 EX9:850
EQ5:809 TU4:789 EX2:819 - 2019-09-06
Message 4 of 9
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0


@iv wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Unfortunately I'm entering back into the territory where I don't get reason codes for FICO 8 on Experian.



That can also be seen as a good problem to have, though Smiley Wink


Laugh true, but it does make this sort of analysis much harder and unfortunately less concrete.


Heh. "Unfortunately".

 

 

Don't forget, Amex displays reason codes (well, the top two, at least), all the way up to 849 for EX FICO 8 on their score summary page. 

 

(They do hide the reason codes at exactly 850...)

 

 


Oh that's handy to know; I honestly haven't looked much at my Amex score but now that you mention it I will do so.

 

I think it should track pretty well with the industry option reason codes I still get but those seem to tap out at 850 and that might not last that much longer either haha.  Really this 30D late account's wandering away on Experian is so absurdly unexpected that I'm still coming to grips with it even a few days later.  Experian traditionally has always been right on top of things data wise for me compared to either EQ or TU.

 




        
Message 5 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0

I'm a big fan of Synchrony-provided FICO (TU 8) scores, as they provide you with reason codes even at 850.

Message 6 of 9
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0


@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

I'm a big fan of Synchrony-provided FICO (TU 8) scores, as they provide you with reason codes even at 850.


Yeah but then I have to deal with the reporting headache of a Synchrony card, no thanks Smiley Happy.

 

Realized today that my EX FICO 8 score to start last year is exactly identical to the score I'm starting this year with.  That's some kind of amazing when I think of all that's happened credit wise over the past year.




        
Message 7 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0


@Revelate wrote:


Yeah but then I have to deal with the reporting headache of a Synchrony card, no thanks Smiley Happy.



FWIW, I've had my one Synchrony account (Lowe's) for nearly 3 years and it's always reported like clockwork monthly and never any funny business.  Your point is well taken, though, having read many horror stories on this forum especially lately regarding their irregular reporting.

Message 8 of 9
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian clean scorecard 58% utilized revolver paid to $0


@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@Revelate wrote:


Yeah but then I have to deal with the reporting headache of a Synchrony card, no thanks Smiley Happy.



FWIW, I've had my one Synchrony account (Lowe's) for nearly 3 years and it's always reported like clockwork monthly and never any funny business.  Your point is well taken, though, having read many horror stories on this forum especially lately regarding their irregular reporting.


Maybe they fixed it.  Not reporting when at $0 was the headache I was referring to; especially if you had a non-zero balance and paid it to zero, they didn't generate a bureau update to mark it paid down to $0. 

 

Happened to me a number of times, admittedly I had more cards than necessary to support 2+ revolvers for my AZEO implementation, but I eventually just got annoyed with it and closed Wally down.




        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.