cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian insufficient amount of accounts BS!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian insufficient amount of accounts BS!!!

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

2) It could be identifying a shortcoming or gap that has the potential to cost points. In this case points may not be lost if an alternate attribute has the ability to fill the gap.

Interesting take/perspective.  I haven't heard that before and always presumed a negative reason statement meant point(s) lost, period end of story.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

2) It could be identifying a shortcoming or gap that has the potential to cost points. In this case points may not be lost if an alternate attribute has the ability to fill the gap.

Interesting take/perspective.  I haven't heard that before and always presumed a negative reason statement meant point(s) lost, period end of story.

@Anonymous look at the example Scorecard in the Primer thread. Depending on the number of bankcards, e.g. is how many points are awarded. Other metrics are similar. Therefore a reason statement pops up if you're not in the optimal range, so it doesn't mean necessarily it's costing you but that you are leaving points on the table, imho. 

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it’s worth I think the reason code in question appears on thin files, esp. when there’s a new account, or potentially on young files especially with new accounts. Potentially on older or thicker files if there are a few that are active? Thoughts?
Message 33 of 35
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately due to reason statement suppression, I don't know when "few accounts paid on time" showed up on my industry scores or whether it was on classic 8 also, but it could have been due to thinness relative to what the industry scores are supposed to be for + having a new account < 3 mo's old.  For AU8, I've never had an auto loan and only have two installments of any kind.  For BC8, I only had 4 bank cards at the time, and only 3 with any age.

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Slabenstein wrote:

Unfortunately due to reason statement suppression, I don't know when "few accounts paid on time" showed up on my industry scores or whether it was on classic 8 also, but it could have been due to thinness relative to what the industry scores are supposed to be for + having a new account < 3 mo's old.  For AU8, I've never had an auto loan and only have two installments of any kind.  For BC8, I only had 4 bank cards at the time, and only 3 with any age.

@Slabenstein makes sense I think with the thin file and the new account. 

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.