Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian says I've opened new accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian says I've opened new accounts?

Hello to all and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I've reviewed all 3 of my reports very recently and my Experian report had a red flag message on what was hurting my score. On the WHAT THIS SCORE MEANS TO YOU page, it said "new account" and and then said "your newest account was opened 4 months ago". I don't remember opening any accounts 4 months ago. On the same page it says I've opened 4 accounts within the past year, but when I click on it, it doesn't give me any information on these specific new accounts. I've reviewed every single account on my credit history and only 1 I found was opened in March of 2007, which is legit. How do I find out about these new accounts? It's so strange that it even says "your newest account was opened 4 months ago" but NONE of the accounts on my credit report say as being opened then, nor do I recall ever opening one! I'm stressing out right now - please help with advice on how to get information. Do I write a dispute letter? Also, my other 2 credit reports make no mention of this. Only Experian...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian says I've opened new accounts?

Well I just found the problem! The report was not current, I was looking at it from the middle of 2007, where I had a few more accounts opened in late 2006. Sorry to take up any time! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experian says I've opened new accounts?

No prob! Welcome to the craziness. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.