Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired card not renewed. Acct closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expired card not renewed. Acct closed

@Anonymous

I encourage you to not use any credit cards until they are all paid to zero.

Agreed.  They should all reside in a comfy spot in your SD until your revolving debt is gone.

Message 21 of 28
TeddyKG
Valued Member

Thanks for this post. This just happened in the last two weeks. I will pull all reports this weekend and see. I never knew about paying at least $2 more than the minimum. I ALWAYS try to pay more than the minimum so I'm good...but why at least $2? Seem like a random number.
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't have to be $2, you just want to show the lender(s) that you're not just paying the minimum.  Only paying the minimum is a red flag for most of their assessment programs.  If you pay more than the minimum, it makes you appear as less of a risk both under a manual review and under a non-human program review.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The $2 number on our part is guesswork.  I am not certain that 2 pennies over the MP would be sufficient at most CC issuers to be treated as "more than the MP" -- though perhaps it would be.  2 bucks seems fairly safe though.

Message 24 of 28
TeddyKG
Valued Member

Just a quick update

My reports says the account was closed "as per your request"
Message 25 of 28
TeddyKG
Valued Member

So I learned from you guys that uti is bad and will be recognized as 100% until bal is zero

They closed acct...is it better that it was reported I closed it? Worse? Irrelevant?
Thanks
Message 26 of 28
iv
Valued Contributor

@TeddyKG wrote:
They closed acct...is it better that it was reported I closed it? Worse? Irrelevant?

Irrelevant for scoring.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 27 of 28
yapsalot
Regular Contributor

TeddyKG, I sent you a private message.

Yapsalot
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.