Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 8 and derogatories or collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8 and derogatories or collections

I have a 2 year old paid charge off from the original creditor, Verizon, on my report.  However, when I received my FICO 8 report yesterday, the item is there, but then states "no derogatories"  or "collections" on my report.   Why would that be?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 8 and derogatories or collections

Perhaps it's incorrectly coded or something?  Have you pulled a real hardcopy of your credit report lately and if so, is the collection on there?  Sometimes there are inconsistencies between your real credit report and the report that monitoring software provides.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I pulled it from MyFico.  So I do see the Verizon listed and "paid charge off" but again it states no negative derogatories and nothing under the collections label. 

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the DOFD on each?

Message 4 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

He meant have you gotten a copy of your report from the CRA's directly, not a report from here.
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes the parsing gets it wrong.

CO's and collections are two different things so that part is correct; I'm not entirely sure what falls into the derog category though personally though I've had some wonky parses around my 60D late.

I don't pay attention to what any service "makes" of my report though, I focus on score and reason codes if provided as those are the only two things which can be trusted regarding the FICO algorithm... everything else is just somebody's interpretation and I've never found those assumptions to be better than the information here frankly.

A paid CO is way better than an open CO though at least, but it's still a negative.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.