cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO EXPERTS: Place your wagers here.............

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO EXPERTS: Place your wagers here.............

@Involver wrote:

Two years is too soon.  Expect some incremental relief beginning at four.

Depends on model, FICO '08 might be at 3 years, or shorter possibly.  The score disparity from my state tax lien with a new tax lien added was something like 50 points when my EQ '04 barely even moved, 5-6 points.

ETA: it could well be sooner, my state lien was 12/10, and I was sitting at EX '08 of 718 vs. 660 EQ '04 on 7/4/13.  EX has an additional fed tax lien on it compared to EQ so the report is unquestionably worse.

        
Message 11 of 12
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO EXPERTS: Place your wagers here.............

@Revelate wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Two years is too soon.  Expect some incremental relief beginning at four.

Depends on model, FICO '08 might be at 3 years, or shorter possibly.  The score disparity from my state tax lien with a new tax lien added was something like 50 points when my EQ '04 barely even moved, 5-6 points.

ETA: it could well be sooner, my state lien was 12/10, and I was sitting at EX '08 of 718 vs. 660 EQ '04 on 7/4/13.  EX has an additional fed tax lien on it compared to EQ so the report is unquestionably worse.

All valid points.  I didn't delve into the specific scoring models for the sake of brevity.

From my personal experience (student loan TLs were a major derog) I suffered severely for the first four years (minor increases), and then began to saw some increases in scoring.  

I am now at 6.5+ and did just pick up a pretty interesting data point for my profile.  On EQ my TL open date lists as "N/A" whereas it is correct on EX and TU.  Consequently my AAoA on EQ is quite a bit lower as this account is over 9 years old.  I disputed the open date through EQ and my file updated to list my most recent late as a 120 2 months ago vs 6 years and my score dropped 44 points.  So, that's pretty much exacly how much I gained in 5 yrs, 8 months.  

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.