cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO-II bug? lawyer referrals? how strong is my case?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO-II bug? lawyer referrals? how strong is my case?

Hello. My FICO-II score, and *only* my FICO-II score, is being suppressed for the following reason: "There is no recent activity on revolving and/or open-ended accounts". This reason is invalid, as I have had a credit card that I have used every month since 2009. In addition, under the “What’s helping your FICO® score” section of my FICO score report (this does not refer to the FICO-II score, but the FICO-8 score), it says “You've shown recent use of credit cards and/or bank-issued open-ended accounts.” (my FICO-II was 719 while my FICO-8 was 849)

So FICO-II says "you have no revolving credit activity" while the other FICO scores say otherwise. In addition, the report literally shows my revolving account history, and there has been activity every month that the report covers.

It seems like there is a bug in their FICO-II algorithm or a manual mistake was made for my account.

Am I missing something? If not, how strong is my case for a lawsuit, and do you have any lawyer recommendations? Notably, if this is a bug, it might be affecting *many* people when applying for mortgages, which is the largest financial committment most people ever make. So it would be a big deal.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO-II bug? lawyer referrals? how strong is my case?

Congratulations on your approval!
@Anonymous wrote:

Hello. My FICO-II score, and *only* my FICO-II score, is being suppressed for the following reason: "There is no recent activity on revolving and/or open-ended accounts". This reason is invalid, as I have had a credit card that I have used every month since 2009. In addition, under the “What’s helping your FICO® score” section of my FICO score report (this does not refer to the FICO-II score, but the FICO-8 score), it says “You've shown recent use of credit cards and/or bank-issued open-ended accounts.” (my FICO-II was 719 while my FICO-8 was 849)

So FICO-II says "you have no revolving credit activity" while the other FICO scores say otherwise. In addition, the report literally shows my revolving account history, and there has been activity every month that the report covers.

It seems like there is a bug in their FICO-II algorithm or a manual mistake was made for my account.

Am I missing something? If not, how strong is my case for a lawsuit, and do you have any lawyer recommendations? Notably, if this is a bug, it might be affecting *many* people when applying for mortgages, which is the largest financial committment most people ever make. So it would be a big deal.

@Anonymous

Are you reporting a balance on a revolving account?

If yes, is it a national bank card?

Is it a credit union card?

Is it a store card?

Is it a charge card, e.g. American Express?

If yes to the last three, those may be some of the anonolyies with Experian 2.

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you reporting a balance on a revolving account? yes

If yes, is it a national bank card? no

Is it a credit union card? no

Is it a store card? no

Is it a charge card, e.g. American Express? It is Visa

Message 3 of 30
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you reporting a balance on a revolving account? yes

If yes, is it a national bank card? no

Is it a credit union card? no

Is it a store card? no

Is it a charge card, e.g. American Express? It is Visa

Perhaps, if you have not done so, try a different national bank card that is not one of the above to report a balance. You may or may not yield different results.

As far as a lawyer, I do not have an answer to your question.

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear, the other FICO scores do see revolving account activity. Is it expected that FICO-II might not see revolving account activity when the other scores do? They are all using the same underlying information, so this is not what I expect (plus it is simply wrong...).

My card is a Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card.

Message 5 of 30
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To be clear, the other FICO scores do see revolving account activity. Is it expected that FICO-II might not see revolving account activity when the other scores do? They are all using the same underlying information, so this is not what I expect (plus it is simply wrong...).

@Anonymous   Forgot to ask, what is the credit limit on that card? I think there is a threshold for EX2, I forgot what the cap was, something around $28K or $32K. I'll have to dig it up...

Message 6 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Real quick, while you are free to engage in litigation with whomever you feel like it, leave it off this board, be it publicly or in PMs. 

That's a conversation to be had with an attorney, not with members here. 

Message 7 of 30
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

A lawyer for what exactly, because of the reason codes???????????

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is EX2? And what significance and impact does the credit limit have? I think my limit is $40K, by the way.

Message 9 of 30
USMC_Winger
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous   Forgot to ask, what is the credit limit on that card? I think there is a threshold for EX2, I forgot what the cap was, something around 28 or 32K. I'll have to dig it up...

Found it.  The credit card limit can't exceed $31,000 for EX 2.  "Use a national bankcard with a CL no higher than $31,000, because the mortgage scores exclude cards with higher credit limits."  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/General-Scoring-Primer-and-Version-8-Master-Thread-pub-5-17-20/m-p/6023350/highlight/true#M169681

FICOs:

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.