cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Message -> The date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.

tag
kags1969
Established Member

FICO Message -> The date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.

I am getting the message of "The date of your most recent missed payment is unknown. " as the #4 negative reason on my Equifax credit report. The description stated: 

"If you missed a payment, your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred. In general, the more recent the missed payment, the more impact it has on your score. In your case, the date of this missed payment cannot be determined. "

I looked at the payment history of all of the accounts and some of the late payments are missing dates. 

Example:

Seven year payment history
30 days late 3 times
60 days late 2 times (Mar 2005)
90+ days late 3 times (May 2005, Apr 2005)

I spoke to CSC on the phone and they seem to thing that they have the dates or all of these accounts listed.  I have written a letter to have them either add a date or delete. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Thanks,
Kags
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Message -> The date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.

I had something similar happen where a collection paid in 2003 was disputed but the "Last Reported Date" was updated to this year when disputed and now it shows up saying I have a recent late on EQ only.

Not sure what to do but EQ is strange about this.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.