Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO SCORE SURGEON NEEDED! Gotta Get Mid Score of 700

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO SCORE SURGEON NEEDED! Gotta Get Mid Score of 700

@UpAndComing74 wrote:

Is 6 months 12/2020 or 01/2021. Do we count the month of opening?

Ageing is calculated on the 1st of the month. If you opened a revolving in July 2020. Then you may see a score improvement in January 2021. You do not count the open month.

Besides waiting, as @AndySoCal  mentioned, see if there is any derogatory or delinquency you can address. Have you looked into a GW Good Will campaign.

Message 11 of 17
UpAndComing74
Regular Contributor

GW campaign.  I have 3 accounts with late pay.  2 are from 2017 and 2018.  i have read that after 24 months the effect is minimal.  The most important one is from 01/2020...i GW it...DENIED!!!.... So it appears ive exhausted all avenues except time.   Smiley Frustrated

Starting Score: 614
Current Score: 614
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@UpAndComing74 wrote:

GW campaign.  I have 3 accounts with late pay.  2 are from 2017 and 2018.  i have read that after 24 months the effect is minimal.  The most important one is from 01/2020...i GW it...DENIED!!!.... So it appears ive exhausted all avenues except time.   Smiley Frustrated

I would recommend reading The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds. Not knowing who was the lender, it may take repeated attempts. You got time, now you need postage stamps and patience.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpAndComing74 wrote:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 8.48.11 PM.png

AoYRA - What is your AoYRA Age of Youngest Revolving Account?

I have:

Navy Federal opened 7/2020

Apple Card.    opened 7/2020

Mercury Credt openeed 6/2020

Is 6 months 12/2020 or 01/2021. Do we count the month of opening?

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 8.54.00 PM.png

Jan 1st all the 2 most recent accounts will hit 6 months, meaning then your AoYRA will hit 6 months and you should hopefully see some points then. Stay at AZEO.

While your 3rd account that ages to 6 months on Dec 1st, it is not your youngest account, so you will likely not see points then since your AoYRA will still only be 5 months, points will be rewarded when you hit 6 months.

Maybe @Anonymous has some pointers for you.

@Anonymous i'm about to hit the sack, so I may have to read it tomorrow, but I read your tag and wanted to point out that AOYRA is only significant at 12 months for version 8 for scorecard reassignment.

The potential points at 3 month increments derive from AOYA, which can also include loan accounts. Tag me again on this thread tomorrow and I'll read it and see if I have any advice if you don't mind, because I'm about to crash. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpAndComing74 wrote:

@UpAndComing74 No after 24 months the impact is more like 50%.  I read the thread and you've gotten a lot of great advice. Attacking the lates or letting time run are your main options. Opening all those accounts hurt you. Im sorry. 

Message 15 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous. You should be 😴 sleeping, no?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was one of my last posts, lol 😴
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.