cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score 2 algorithm? Stuck at 699 for a couple months even with lots of changes....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score 2 algorithm? Stuck at 699 for a couple months even with lots of changes....

Hi.  I am wondering if anyone knows any specific details or breakdowns of how the Experian Fico 2 model is scored.  Trying to refinance and Experian has been my middle score for a while and I am stuck at 699.  Need to get to 700.  Doesn't seem to matter that may utilization has dropped signifigantly, or debt is being paid all on time, or balances all much lower than the month before.  I can't get one point.  Starting to think it's some sort of raquet.  All other fico score models, including Equifax and TU mortgage models, have gained numerous points in the same time period. Credit Karma, Mint, etc scores have raised 80-100pts.  Fico scores for credit lending/auto loans also have gone up many points.  

It just doesn't make sense that you can't get specific information on how they calculated the score.  Like how did they come up with exactly 699?  It seems arbitrary and honestly kind of fake.  And to not go up a point despite large balance decreases, aging of accounts, bills being paid on time, etc, there is not a point of movement.  Someone help if you can, so frustrated.  Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO Score 2 algorithm? Stuck at 699 for a couple months even with lots of changes....

@Anonymous. I don't have an answer to your question.

However, if you are going to apply for mortgage, are you optimizing your credit report?

Are you practicing AZEO, All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance?

Message 2 of 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO Score 2 algorithm? Stuck at 699 for a couple months even with lots of changes....

Message 3 of 5
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

I understand there is little you can do to manipulate inquiries, but I recently saw a 16 pt increase on my EX 2 score when four inquiries aged past one year.  At the same time, those inquiries coincided with the opening of new accounts as well, so either of the two might have influenced the change.  Like yours my EX seems more stubborn than EQ and TU to balance changes or improvements in my profile.  Sorry, this likely provides little to improve your dilemma, but best of luck.

Message 4 of 5
Trudy
Valued Contributor

In order, what are the reason codes or factors listed under your score as "What's harming your score?"

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.