cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO provided by Credit Union higher than Equifax website?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO provided by Credit Union higher than Equifax website?

I recently signed up with Equifax to monitor my credit profile and to view my score.The score they are reporting is 591, but the Equifax FICO score that my credit union provides to me each month online is 640. The FICO score provided by the credit union is the actual FICO score (it has the registered trademark logo). Why would there be such a huge difference? I am glad that the credit union is showing a higher score, and that it is good enough for possibly an FHA home loan approval soon should I decided to apply with my credit union. Is the score reported with Equifax the FAKO score I have been reading about? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO provided by Credit Union higher than Equifax website?

Which service did you subscribe to at Equifax.com? I ask because they offer both FICO and a FAKO. Their FAKO is called an "Equifax Credit Score".

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for the Equifax Complete Advantage Plan, it charges $16.95 each month. There is no reference to the "Equifax Credit Score" being FICO...perhaps it is not the one to worry about (I hope!).

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I signed up for the Equifax Complete Advantage Plan, it charges $16.95 each month. There is no reference to the "Equifax Credit Score" being FICO...perhaps it is not the one to worry about (I hope!).

Bad news I'm afraid. That plan uses the Equifax Credit Score and therefore the scores are useless. But the reports themselves will be accurate.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And on the flip-side, the report info is good (just ignore the scores and adbice). I've used them before too.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually that is GOOD news Smiley Wink The score reporting from the Equifax website is lower than the actual FICO being reported by my bank.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.