FICO scores are all way different!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO scores are all way different!

Experian is 706
Equifax is 688
Transunion is a horrible 627!

How can one be at a 706 and then one at 627!

I dont get it?

It actually said on the transunion report that I had a late payment in the last month but I havent had a late payment in years.  I went through the report and I couldnt find any late payments anywhere and it even said late payments - 0 - .

Is that normal to have one at 706 and one at 627? that doesnt seem right to me at all.....the 688 I can see but not a 627.

I dont know what to do about it because i cant find a late payment but it said I had one within the past month and I cant dispute something if it isnt on there right?  can I call them or something?

I do have a bankrupcy still on my record from 2002 but I have always paid my bills on time since then.

i was looking to buy a home this year and I dont I know the bank usually looks at 2 FICO scores and I dont want that 627 on there.

Message Edited by ByrdMan on 04-07-2008 11:36 AM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO scores are all way different!

Brad:

Good luck w/ your issue.  That sounds odd.  I would look through each individual account and find out why it says.  Sometime if you look in the details section you will find how it is being reported.

As far as pulls for a mortgage.  Any mortgage co, bank, etc... will pull all three files.  I looked into a re-fi not too long ago and was hit w/ an inquiry on all three files.  I shopped the loan w/ another lendor and they pulled all three as well.  I think this is common practice in todays climate.  I was told by the lendor that they pull all three and take the middle score.  However if you have a recent late on your file and a bk that prob wont look too good.  Just my .02 worth.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well after doing some digging I found a similar thread and the guy had an account listed on his bankrupcy and it did not have a "date closed" on it.

I had about 5 things that were discharged in my bankrupcy in 2002 and sure enough there is one that does not have a date closed on it and this has to be it right?  in the other guys thread he said he called them up or I guess mailed them a letter about the item not closed  and his score improved 50 points!

Can I call Transunion customer service up and take care of this over the phone? I can send them a letter ising the MYFICO site and click this item and dispute it but would calling be the best and easiest way?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

__________________________________________________________________________________________
brad wrote:

Well after doing some digging I found a similar thread and the guy had an account listed on his bankrupcy and it did not have a "date closed" on it.

I had about 5 things that were discharged in my bankrupcy in 2002 and sure enough there is one that does not have a date closed on it and this has to be it right?  in the other guys thread he said he called them up or I guess mailed them a letter about the item not closed  and his score improved 50 points!

Can I call Transunion customer service up and take care of this over the phone? I can send them a letter ising the MYFICO site and click this item and dispute it but would calling be the best and easiest way?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

That sounds like it might be the issue.  If it does not have a closed date on it the CRA's might clasify it as "open" and that would bring your score down .  I would call TU dispute dept and talk to a supervisor about this issue.  Remember to be calm, percise, and professional when you talk to them.  They get enough people calling them screaming and threatening law suits that I am sure they appreciate the people that are pleasent to them.  Hope that helps.  Good luck!
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I called transunion up and they said they cannot give me any information about the phantom late payment that happened in the last month but I had them dispute the item on my old bankrupcy that did not have a close date on ii.

I went to the transunion site and thought I would do a credit report strictly through them and my credit report had no late payment on it within the past month and my credit SCORE was.....703!

How can it say 627 from MYFICO from Transunion and on the Transunion site it is 703!

Dammit this is making me mad!

i am planning on buying a home sometime this year....is it 627 or 703?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
brad wrote:

Well I called transunion up and they said they cannot give me any information about the phantom late payment that happened in the last month but I had them dispute the item on my old bankrupcy that did not have a close date on ii.

I went to the transunion site and thought I would do a credit report strictly through them and my credit report had no late payment on it within the past month and my credit SCORE was.....703!

How can it say 627 from MYFICO from Transunion and on the Transunion site it is 703!

Dammit this is making me mad!

i am planning on buying a home sometime this year....is it 627 or 703?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry to say but the score you got from TU was what is called a FAKO.  I use TU's True Credit service and they give me the FAKO scores as well.  It is very frustrating but the only "true" credit score is your MyFico score.  I wish I had some better news for you there.  I would suggest reading the credit 101 post on the top of this forum.  It will explain the difference in the scores.  Good luck w/ TU and the dispute.  I won't be done quickly though.  It will take up to 45 days so just be patient and hopefully you wil get the results you want.  Good luck

Message 6 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

brad, if it's on your myFICO TU report, but not on the one that you get from TU itself, it's probably due to a known bug with myFICO. They've been trying to fix it for several months, if I remember when the first posts hit.

Even though it is displaying this phantom late, it shouldn't be using it in calculating your score. If you'll check over on the Using myFICO Products forum, Barry posted several times just last night about this.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you used the special transunion (there is someone here that posts it all the time I just can't remember who) site you got a FAKO score from TU not a real FICO score
Message 8 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Brad. If you notice the FAKOs all say credit score, as opposed to FICO score. That's b/c they can't legally say so, as they are not providing FICOs. So, if you hear credit score, think FAKO. YOU can obtain a real classic FICO score from two places: myfico.com (all three) and transunioncs.com (TU only).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Brad,
I think you will be alright as far as your mortgage goes.  The mortgage company usually only look at your middle score when determining what your interest rates will be.  It looks as if you are still in good shape considering your top to credit score still puts you in the range of being considered to have good credit.  what I would do is go through the fico simulation on the TransUnion and attack the items they suggest and try bringing that score up.  If you do that it is bound to bring up your other scores as well that don't need as much help.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.