Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores stagnant for months

tag
whoknows1
Valued Member

FICO scores stagnant for months

Any ideas folks. 3 agency scores stagnant. Equifax has me around 800+. The other two fluctuates + or - 10 around 770 to 795. Is this common or something I'm missing. Been stagnant for almost a year now. Most recent application to VentureX got denied about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Screenshot_341.jpg

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO scores stagnant for months

do you have an open loan paid down to a low balance? 

Based on DPs here, I wouldn't take the Cap1 denial personally there's dp's of denials based w/those with amazing credit that don't fit their ideal credit profile. 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 9
whoknows1
Valued Member

DP? Sorry not sure what that means. Been using myFico for years but not active much on the forums. I do have a student loan that's around 40k. And a car loan that's got 5k left on it.

What is an amazing credit score you're referring to?

Message 3 of 9
GZG
Valued Contributor

@whoknows1 wrote:

DP? Sorry not sure what that means.

Data point, when somebody posts their information about how their credit related things turned out. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

@whoknows1 wrote:

DP? Sorry not sure what that means. Been using myFico for years but not active much on the forums. I do have a student loan that's around 40k. And a car loan that's got 5k left on it.

What is an amazing credit score you're referring to?

these two are the first that come to mind, but at least I feel that there's been a reasonable number of instances where otherwise extremely highly qualified people are rejected from Cap 1 for not fitting "the profile of a profitable customer"

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/cap-one-Venture-X-declined/td-p/6502711

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Rejected-on-Venture-X-on-a-790/m-p/6583821

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 4 of 9
whoknows1
Valued Member

2nd one is me lol.
Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@whoknows1 wrote:

Any ideas folks. 3 agency scores stagnant. Equifax has me around 800+. The other two fluctuates + or - 10 around 770 to 795. Is this common or something I'm missing. Been stagnant for almost a year now. Most recent application to VentureX got denied about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Screenshot_341.jpg

If there has been little change in your scores it's because there's little change in your profile.

The passage of time without new applications or new accounts will definitely increase your scores, but I know that's not much fun.

If you can wait another 5 or 6 months, and get to 12 months without adding any new accounts you will change scorecards and should get a noticeable bounce across the board.  Of course you'll lose those points as soon as you add a new account, but you wanted some action, so there's your opportunity Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@whoknows1 wrote:

Screenshot_341.jpg

@whoknows1It may come down to how many open accounts you have. Were almost matching. Only difference is 3 more accounts on my end. I'm 20 your 17. I'm no primer expert. But its probably more/older accounts that bump AAoA stats.

stats.JPG

"FICO® Scores take into account how long your credit accounts have been established, including the age of your oldest account, the age of your newest account and the average age of all your accounts."

Message 7 of 9
whoknows1
Valued Member

firemedic do you mind me asking your current FICOs (ranges)? Just curious to see since you mentioned our profiles are pretty similar and indeed they are.
Message 8 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

See my badges under post.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.